Meeting Room B
'Solving crosswords eliminates worries. They make you a calmer and more focused person.' - Will Shortz, New York Times crossword editor and NPR puzzle master
Test your skills & spend a Sunday afternoon in a friendly contest with fellow crossword puzzle lovers.
Each participant will solve three unpublished, daily New York Times crossword puzzles with 20-minute rounds for each. The top three scorers will advance to a final playoff puzzle in a nail-biting sudden-death round. Puzzles are provided by Will Shortz.
Open to everyone regardless of skill level!
- 1:30 PM Tournament sign in
- 2:00-3:00 PM Puzzles 1, 2 & 3
- 3:30 PM Playoff contestant announcement
- 4:00 PM Championship playoff, sudden-death round - Conducted on giant grids for all to view
Scoring is based on accuracy & speed. We score as follows:
- 10 points for every correct word across & down
- 25 point reduction for each missing or incorrect letter
- 150 bonus points for each completely correct puzzle
Coffee & donuts will be provided for brain power boosts.
Grand Prize is sponsored by
Take-home crosswords & word games are available for tournament viewers.