Four people have been cited as the Rapid City Police Department continues to investigate online sex trafficking and those who respond to online advertisements soliciting sexual activity.
On February 21st, four individuals were cited after responding to an undercover prostitution operation at a Rapid City hotel. They are identified as:
- 66-year-old Thomas J. Moeller of Deadwood
- 41-year-old Christopher J. Myrick of Rapid City
- 39-year-old Mark A. Owens of Rapid City
- 31-year-old Tyler S. Vance of Spearfish
Each of these individuals was cited for the offence of Hiring for Sexual Activity, a Class 1 misdemeanor.
“A market for the trade of sex trafficking is created when individuals respond to online advertisements soliciting sexual activity,” says Captain John Olson, Commander of the RCPD’s Criminal Investigation Division. “This is not a victimless crime, and the RCPD is committed to the interdiction of sex trafficking in our area.”
* The charges are merely accusations and the arrested individual is presumed innocent until proven guilty. Any additional details regarding this case can be obtained from the Pennington County State’s Attorney and/or court records as appropriate.