On August 3rd, the Rapid City Police Department conducted compliance checks of local alcohol establishments. A total of 19 establishments were checked and 18 were found to be in compliance. One of the establishments, Safeway Store # 1554, located at 730 Mountain View Rd, sold alcohol to underage police informants. The seller, Caroline Zakhari (18 years old), an employee of Safeway Store # 1554, was issued a court appearance required citation.
Furnishing alcohol to a minor is a class 2 misdemeanor punishable by 30 days in jail, a $500 fine, or both.
The following establishments were found to be in compliance:
- Autumn Hills Liquor 5312 Sheridan Lake Rd.
- Big D Oil # 17 3540 Sturgis Rd.
- China Luck 740 Mountain View Rd.
- Common Cents 2808 Sheridan Lake Rd.
- Firehouse Brewing 610 Main St.
- Golden Fortune 1118 E. North St.
- Golden Phoenix 2421 W. Main St.
- Kelly’s Sports Lounge 825 Jackson Blvd.
- Loaf ‘n Jug # 443 3106 W. Main St.
- Lost Cabin Beer Co. 1401 W. Omaha St. Ste. 3
- On the Border Mexican Restaurant 1331 E. North St.
- Piesano’s Pacchia 3618 Canyon Lake Dr. # 33
- Shooter’s Woodfire Grill 2424 W. Main St.
- Smith’s Liquor Gallery 2218 Jackson Blvd. Ste. 1
- Time Out Lounge 615 E. North St.
- Toby’s Casino 720 E. North St.
- Uncle Sam’s 2110 Jackson Blvd.
- Walgreens 540 Mountain View Rd.
The Rapid City Police Department is committed to excellence in public safety. Protecting the youth in the community is a priority and the Department will continue to conduct alcohol compliance checks in an effort to reduce underage consumption of alcohol. Since January 1, 2017, seven establishments have failed the alcohol compliance checks by selling to underage informants.