The Pennington County Sheriff’s Office and the Rapid City Police Department are currently seeking information on the whereabouts of felony warrant subject, parole absconder, and attempted murder suspect Zachary Ryan Moore.
Moore (age 23 of Rapid City) is wanted by the PCSO for questioning in a shooting incident that took place July 23rd in Rapid Valley. No one was injured in the shooting, and details on the incident are being purposefully withheld as law enforcement works to apprehend Moore.
Moore’s criminal history is littered with offenses. His recent involvements with local law enforcement include the following:
- He was sentenced to prison after a 2012 burglary in Rapid City.
- In April of 2014, he was granted parole. A person on parole is still considered an individual operating under the authority of the SD Department of Corrections.
- Moore has an active felony bench warrant related to a number of charges stemming from a June 4th, 2017 traffic stop by the RCPD, in which he was found to be in possession of methamphetamine, marijuana, and associated paraphernalia.
- On June 23rd, Moore became listed as an absconder from parole.
- On June 28th, a vehicle belonging to Moore was involved in a pursuit with officers of Rapid City Police Department. The vehicle was located crashed and abandoned. The investigation into Moore’s involvement in this matter is ongoing.
- On July 23rd, authorities believe Moore was involved in the shooting incident noted above.
Moore is described as standing 5’7” tall, weighing 160 lbs., with brown hair and blue eyes. He has tattoos on his face and neck. Moore should be considered armed and dangerous, and should not be approached.
Anyone with any information on Moore’s whereabouts should contact PCSO Investigator Scott Sitzes at 605-394-6115.