On February 8th, the Rapid City Police Department conducted compliance checks of local alcohol establishments. A total of 19 establishments were checked and all were found to be in compliance.
Furnishing alcohol to a minor is a class 2 misdemeanor punishable by 30 days in jail, a $500 fine, or both.
The following establishments were found to be in compliance:
- VFW 420 Main Street
- Wobbly Bobby 510 Main Street
- Applebee’s 2160 Haines Ave
- Chili’s Bar and Grill 2125 Haines Ave
- Common Cents 1909 LaCrosse St
- I-90 Standard Mobile 2213 N LaCrosse Street
- Minervas 2211 N LaCrosse Street
- Walmart 1200 N LaCrosse Street
- MacKenzie River 1205 Eglin Street
- Target 1415 Eglin Street
- Famous Dave’s 1718 Eglin Street
- Native New Yorker 1756 Eglin Street
- Holiday Super Store 1846 Eglin Street
- Pot-O-Gold Casino 530 Cambell St Suite 1
- Corner Pantry 1220 E St Patrick Street
- Blue Lantern Lounge 1200 E St Patrick Street
- East St. Patrick Casino 1226 E St Patrick Street
- Happy Jacks 909 E St Patrick Street
- Thrifty Smoke Shop 718 E St Patrick Street
The Rapid City Police Department is committed to excellence in public safety. Protecting the youth in the community is a priority and the Department will continue to conduct alcohol compliance checks in an effort to reduce underage consumption of alcohol.
Since January 1, 2017, one establishment has failed the alcohol compliance checks by selling to underage informants.