On December 12th, the Rapid City Police Department conducted compliance checks of local alcohol establishments. A total of 17 establishments were checked and all were found to be in compliance.
Furnishing alcohol to a minor is a class 2 misdemeanor punishable by 30 days in jail, a $500 fine, or both.
The following establishments were found to be in compliance:
- KOL 504 Mt Rushmore Rd
- Walgreens 1902 Mt Rushmore Rd
- Safeway Store #581 2120 Mt Rushmore Rd
- Common Cents 2660 Mt Rushmore Rd
- Moose Club 841 Saint Patrick St
- Market Square Casino I & II 1624 E St Patrick St
- Philly Teds Cheezsteaks 502 Main St
- Que Pasa Mexican Grill 502 Main St Ste 100
- Klinkeltown 512 Main St Ste 130
- Delmonico Grill 609 Main St
- Jambon Deux 516 7th St
- Blaze Pizza 515 Mountain View Rd
- Bus's Bottle Shop 615 E North St
- Imperial Chinese Rest 702 E North St
- Big D Oil #42 850 E North St
- El Sombrero 1012 E North St
- Fresh Start 520 Birch Ave
The Rapid City Police Department is committed to excellence in public safety. Protecting the youth in the community is a priority and the Department will continue to conduct alcohol compliance checks in an effort to reduce underage consumption of alcohol.
Since January 1, 2017, fifteen establishments have failed the alcohol compliance checks by selling to underage informants.