On March 20th, the Rapid City Police Department conducted compliance checks of local alcohol establishments. A total of 18 establishments were checked and all were found to be in compliance.
Furnishing alcohol to a minor is a class 2 misdemeanor punishable by 30 days in jail, a $500 fine, or both.
The following establishments were found to be in compliance:
- Bei Jing/Coco Palace 1900 N Maple Ave
- Big D #41 1160 LaCrosse St
- Boston's Restaurant & Sports Bar 620 E Disk Dr
- Cheers 1721 LaCrosse St
- Corner Pantry #18 2130 LaCrosse St
- Fuddruckers 2200 N Maple Ave #330
- Hideaway Casino 1575 N LaCrosse St Suite D
- Jackpot Casino Too I & II 1415 N LaCrosse St Suite 3
- Lena's Liquor 1020 N LaCrosse St
- Olive Garden 160 Disk Dr
- Outback Steakhouse 665 E Disk Dr
- Paddy O'Neills 523 6th St
- Prairie Bottle Market 13 New York St
- Queen of Hearts Casino I & II 316 East Blvd Suite 100
- Red Lobster 120 Disk Dr
- Texas Roadhouse 2106 North Maple Ave
- The Grill Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn 505 N 5th St
- Walgreens 1125 N LaCrosse St
The Rapid City Police Department is committed to excellence in public safety. Protecting the youth in the community is a priority and the Department will continue to conduct alcohol compliance checks in an effort to reduce underage consumption of alcohol.
Since January 1, 2017, one establishment has failed the alcohol compliance checks by selling to underage informants.