The deadline for registration is 15 days before any election. Your registration card must be received by the Auditor by this deadline to vote in the next election. Registration cards postmarked on the 15th day do not qualify as being received by the deadline.
You can register to vote if you:
- are a citizen of the United States
- are 18 years of age or older on the next election day
- are a resident of South Dakota
- are not under a sentence of imprisonment for any felony conviction
- have not been judged mentally incompetent by a court of law
You may register at any of the following locations:
- Pennington County Auditor's Office, 315 St. Joseph Street, Rapid City, SD
- City Finance Office, 300 6th Street, Rapid City, SD
In addition, you may register to vote at locations which provide the following services:
- Driver's Licenses
- Food Stamps
- Aid to Families with Dependent Children
- Women, Infants, and Children Nutrition Program (WIC)
- Department of Human Services offices which provide assistance to the disabled
- Military Recruitment
For more information visit the Voter Registration page.
For more information on elections visit the Election Information page.