How to Get...

Requests for Open Records

Requests for Open Records Requests for Open Records must be made in writing and are handled by the City of Rapid City Finance Department.  Currently you may make requests in person or via U.S. mail. Download the request form Please keep in mind that South Dakota law states that certain records are…

Latest City News

The latest city news can be found in the Rapid City Government News Section.

Water or Trash Service

To start or stop utility services please call Utility Billing at 605-394-4125.

Building Inspections

In order to arrange for a building inspection on a valid permit that is issued, call 605-394-4157 and leave a message, or 605-394-4120 to speak with staff. When requesting an inspection, have the permit number, address, contractor, type of inspection requested and an approximate time and date when the inspection…

Login Form