How to Apply For...

Contractor Licenses & Permits

How to Apply for Contractor Licenses & Permits If you are seeking a Rapid City contractor license and have questions, call 394-4120.For a Business License, please contact the Finance Department at 394-4143. For a Building Permit or Air Quality Permit, please contact Community Planning and Development Services at 394-4120.

a Job at the City

Prepare Ahead of Time Collect details about your education and employment history.  If you wish to submit a resume, you can attach it to your application.    The first time you create an application, be ready to spend 30 minutes or more, though you can save your work at any time…

a Library Card

Bring a photo ID and proof of a physical residence in Rapid City or Pennington County to any library location. Post office boxes and commercial mail service addresses may be used as your mailing address but do not constitute verification of a physical residence. If you are 15 years old…

Boards and Committees

Apply for City Committees, Boards, and Commissions by completing a citizen interest form online.  You may also pick up an application in the Mayor’s Office.   Should you require assistance or additional information please call the Mayor’s Office at 605.394.4110.  

Permit Application

For a pdf of the building permit worksheet click here. For other development applications click here.

Building Permits

You can apply for building permits at the City permit desk from 7:30 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday excluding holidays. For small residential alterations, and for some residential accessory structures, a permit may be issued while you wait. For all other permits, submit plans anytime during regular business…

Login Form