5165 South Highway 79
Rapid City, SD 57701
300 6th Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
Phone: (605) 355-3496
Fax: (605) 355-3092
Landfill Hours: Monday - Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Administrative Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Rapid City Solid Waste Division will provide safe, efficient, and environmentally friendly waste services for the community.
In support of the CDC Social Distancing recommendations, access to our offices has been restricted to employees only. Please contact us via phone or email so that we can continue to provide you with necessary services. This DOES NOT included the scale house and landfill access.
Rapid City City Wide Clean-Up has been canceled.
Yard Waste collection at the transfer stations at Fitzgeral Fields and W Blvd N have been postponded. Containers WILL NOT be dropped at these locations and residents are encouraged to use the Lnadfill and curbside yard waste collection for City Residents.
REMINDER: Please bag and tie all garbage to prevent littering
We understand that the COVID-19 outbreak is impacting our customers to varying degrees. We encourage you to pay what you are able to pay towards your bill, but your services will not be discontinued if you are unable to make your payment. Please be aware that you will still be billed for the services you are receiving, and may also accrue late fees. You will need to make arrangements to bring the account current when we resume normal operations after this crisis has passed. If you are in need of financial assistance, 211 Helpline can help you connect with agencies who are offering support to those impacted by this crisis.
- Provide superior customer service by being financially responsible and efficient in our collections and disposal of trash and recycling.
- Protect our environment with innovative procedures and environmental compliance.
- Encourage and respect employees and emphasize safety.
- Continually accomplish our mission statement through commitment and teamwork.
- Explore and implement new and innovative practices and manufacturing processes