City of Rapid City
Public Service Announcements
Parkview Drive, East Liberty Street, East Texas Street
Roads Closed to Through Traffic
Effective Monday, November 16, 2020, Lind Exco will be installing new water, storm, sanitary sewer utilities, sidewalk, curb/gutter, and road surfacing at the following locations:
- Parkview Drive from East Elk Street to East Centennial Street,
- East Liberty Street from Maple Avenue to Michigan Avenue,
- East Texas Street from Maple Avenue to Parkview Drive.
The above mentioned streets will be open to local traffic only until February 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Scott with Lind Exco at (605) 348-6115.
Effective Thursday, November 5, 2020, northbound traffic on East Boulevard will be closed to through traffic between Kansas City Street and East Saint Joseph Street. Northbound traffic will be detoured to Maple Avenue. Access to businesses will remain open. Simon Contractors will be installing storm sewer. The road closure will be in place until November 27, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Bob with Simon Contractors at 605-430-6162.
Woodlawn Drive and Downing Street
Closed to Through Traffic
Construction work has begun on Woodlawn Drive and Downing Street for replacement of the sanitary sewer. Closures are Woodlawn Drive from Anamosa Street to Downing Street and Downing Street from Woodlawn Drive to Herman Street. Work is expected to be in place until December 4, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Underground Construction, LLC at (605) 824-6239.
Omaha Street and East Boulevard
A major change to the traffic pattern at Omaha Street and East Boulevard will take effect beginning Thursday evening, July 2 through December 11, 2020.
- Access on East Boulevard will be opened to a single lane in the north-south directions from St. Louis Street to Saint Joseph Street. The public is advised to use caution in the area as traffic patterns change.
- West-bound traffic on East Main Street will remain restricted to one lane in the affected area.
- East-bound traffic on East St. Joseph Street will remain restricted to one lane in the affected area.
For more information, contact Bob with Simon Contractors at 605-431-6162.