In support of the CDC Social Distancing recommendations, we encourage you to contact us via phone or email before coming to our offices. You will be required to wear a mask while interacting with City Staff.
City Hall (formerly known as CSAC - City School Administration Building)
300 6th Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
Telephone: (605) 394-4165
Engineering Services: (605) 394-4154
Graphic Information Systems (GIS): (605) 716-3672
Traffic Operations: (605) 394-4118
Solid Waste: (605) 355-3496
Streets: (605) 394-4152
Rapid Transit: (605) 394-6631
Water Division: (605) 394-4162
Utility Billing: (605) 394-4125
Water Reclamation: (605) 394-4174
Utility Maintenance: (605) 394-4163
Protect the Public’s Health
Provide for safe and reliable drinking water, wastewater treatment, drainage, solid waste disposal, public transit, and transportation systems.
Full-time Employees (FTEs): 227.75
General Fund: 16%
Enterprise Funds: 75%
Other Funding: 9%
For instructions on how to create an onoine account to make payments, click here.
Rapid Transit Division
• Provide the general public with safe, reliable and affordable public transportation.
• Served over 394,000 annual passenger trips on RapidRide, Dial-a-Ride and City View Trolley.
Solid Waste Division
• Provide for the orderly, efficient and safe collection, recycling and disposal of waste.
• Recycled over 3,105 tons of material.
• Received nearly 160,000 tons of material.
• Operate and maintain a 386 mile transportation system.
• Maintain over 130 miles of storm sewer system.
• Provide vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair on approximately 600 units for various City departments.
• Provide adequate and safe water for domestic, industrial and fire protection purposes.
• Treat and distribute nearly 3.6 billion gallons of water to over 21,700 accounts.
Water Reclamation Division
• Protect the public health by providing for efficient and economical collection and treatment of wastewater.
• Collect and treat nearly 3.5 billion gallons of wastewater annually.