In support of the CDC Social Distancing recommendations, access to our offices has been restricted to employees only. Please contact us via phone or email so that we can continue to provide you with necessary services.
City Hall (formerly known as CSAC - City School Administration Building)
300 6th Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
Telephone: (605) 394-4165
Fax: (605) 355-3083
Engineering Services: (605) 394-4154
Graphic Information Systems (GIS): (605) 716-3672
Traffic Operations: (605) 394-4118
Solid Waste: (605) 355-3496
Streets: (605) 394-4152
Rapid Transit: (605) 394-6631
Water Division: (605) 394-4162
Utility Billing: (605) 394-4125
Water Reclamation: (605) 394-4174
Utility Maintenance: (605) 394-4163
Protect the Public’s Health
Provide for safe and reliable drinking water, wastewater treatment, drainage, solid waste disposal, public transit, and transportation systems.
Full-time Employees (FTEs): 227.75
General Fund: 16%
Enterprise Funds: 75%
Other Funding: 9%
For instructions on how to create an onoine account to make payments, click here.
Rapid Transit Division
• Provide the general public with safe, reliable and affordable public transportation.
• Served over 394,000 annual passenger trips on RapidRide, Dial-a-Ride and City View Trolley.
Solid Waste Division
• Provide for the orderly, efficient and safe collection, recycling and disposal of waste.
• Recycled over 3,105 tons of material.
• Received nearly 160,000 tons of material.
• Operate and maintain a 386 mile transportation system.
• Maintain over 130 miles of storm sewer system.
• Provide vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair on approximately 600 units for various City departments.
• Provide adequate and safe water for domestic, industrial and fire protection purposes.
• Treat and distribute nearly 3.6 billion gallons of water to over 21,700 accounts.
Water Reclamation Division
• Protect the public health by providing for efficient and economical collection and treatment of wastewater.
• Collect and treat nearly 3.5 billion gallons of wastewater annually.