Welcome to the Rapid City Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- Is this an Emergency?
- Did this incident occur outside Rapid City Limits?
- Is the stolen property or damage valued at over $1,000.00?
- Do you have a serial number for the stolen property?
- Are there known suspects?
If you answered no to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered yes to any of the questions please look at our Frequently Answered Questions avaliable below.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Rapid City Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report incidents such as:
Property Damage, Lost Property, Telephone Harassment and Thefts
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Rapid City Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 605-394-4131 to file your report.
Begin the process by SELECTING AN INCIDENT
Online Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Answer: If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 605-394-4131.
Question: What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
Answer: No, if a crime took place outside of the City of Rapid City, please call the police department for that city.
Question: What is a known suspect?
Answer: A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.
Powered by Coplogic's Online Citizen Police Reporting