The mission of the Rapid City Parks and Recreation Department is to make Rapid City a better place to live, work and play.
What We Do:
Please visit the site below to view our Program Guide for information on activities, lessons and events offered by the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Provides information and administrative support to the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Provides administrative support for Parks and Recreation divisions
- Provides design, construction and administration services for capital projects
- Prepares Department Annual Budget and oversee budget expenditures throughout the year
- Coordinates activities and projects between all divisions of Parks and Recreation Department
- Maintains city park system throughout the community including irrigation systems
- Manages Mountain View Cemetery including information and maintenance
- Maintains city greenhouse which provides flora planted throughout the park system
- Maintains fleet of department vehicles and equipment
- Provides Adult and Youth recreation programs and activities throughout the year
- Provides management and oversight of Meadowbrook and Executive golf courses
- Provides management and programming at Roosevelt Park Ice Arena
- Maintains 4 outdoor pools and the Indoor Swim Center
- Provides management and aquatic programming to citizens of all ages
- Provides a variety of Red Cross classes including CPR, First Aid and Babysitting Classes
Effective November 1, 2010, NO REFUNDS will be allowed for Parks and Recreation Department programs unless the class was canceled by the City. This REFUND POLICY was enacted by the City Council and is applicable to ALL City departments. If you have any questions on the refund policy, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 394-4175.
2023 Mobile Food Vending Application
Food Truck Location Maps - Parks Department