Ice Recreation Specialist
Roosevelt Park Ice Arena
235 Waterloo Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
Telephone: (605) 394-6161
Fax: (605) 394-5226
Like us on Facebook at Roosevelt Park Ice Arena
Roosevelt Ice Arena is now open with changes in use, capacity limits.
Roosevelt Ice Arena and Roosevelt Swim Center:
- Patrons will be required to wear masks in the front desk/concessions/lobby area/hollway/locker room area. Anyone that refuses to wear a mask will be asked to leave the facility.
- Sanitation stations will be located throughout the facility.
- Social distancing measures will be used in the queuing line to keep swimmers and skaters at a safe distance while in line.
- No birthday parties will be scheduled until further notice.
- All season passes will be extended 180 days.
- Only one guardian allowed to accompany a child to program events.
Roosevelt Ice Arena specific changes:
- Masks or face shields must be worn in the entire facility, including on the ice (with the exception of hockey players and referees actively participating in games or drills).
- A maximum of 120 people allowed in the facility at any time.
- Mezzanine area will remain closed.
- Adult hockey will not include spectators and participants cannot show up more than 30 minutes before game time.
- Sneeze guards will be in place in the concession area.
- All chairs and tables will be six feet apart in the lobby.
- COVID cleaning procedures enforced. There will be detailed disinfection throughout the day and will include bathrooms, benches, and bleachers (high-touch surface areas).
- Facility staff will wear masks and staff will have temperature readings at the beginning of each shift.
- Water fountains will not be available for use.
Ice Arena programs will begin in September with Learn to Skate programs limited to eight participants with no Snowplow Sam 1 or Basic 1 classes.
For any questions, please call the Roosevelt Ice Arena at (605) 394-6161. We will see you soon!
Roosevelt Park Ice Arena Hours
pdf Ice Arena Calendar, November 2020 (13 KB)
**The Roosevelt Park Ice Arena Calendar is a working document and can change day to day. Every effort will be made to have the current calendar posted, however, there may be changes not posted yet. Please call (605) 394-6161 to confirm your activity.
$6/Youth/Adults, $5/Senior (62+), and Skate Rentals: $4 for all ages
Adult Drop-In Hockey Hours
(18 and older. NO EXCEPTIONS) Please pick up a calendar at the rink or call us at (605) 394-6161 to see corrent dates and times. $8/adult.
Youth Drop-In Hockey Hours
(17 and younger, NO EXCEPTIONS)
Hockey Mentor Program
The hockey mentor program is an opportunity for adults over the age of 18 (Mentors) to be on the ice with younger skaters (Mentees) to work on hockey skills. The Mentor must sign in at the front desk, and sign up his Mentees as well. The Mentor is entirely responsible for the Mentees in his care while they are attending this program, including both ice time and locker room time. Mentees must wear full gear. It is highly recommended Mentors wear full gear as well; however, at a minimum they must wear a helmet. $6 per person per time. No one will be allowed on the ice without having a Mentor or a Mentee.
Dates and times subject to change or cancellation due to special events. Please call the Roosevelt Park Ice Arena to confirm times.
Ice Arena Rates
Season Passes good for Public Skate Admission Only.
|Individual Annual Pass||$151.00|
|Family Annual Pass (4 people)||$349.00|
|*each additional family member||$ 50.00|
|Punch Pass (10 Punches)- Good for Admission Only|
|10 Punch Public Skate||$ 47.00|
|10 Punch Learn to Skate Drop-In||$ 47.00|
|10 Punch Hockey Drop-In (Youth)||$ 50.00|
|10 Punch Hockey Drop-In (Adult)||$ 64.00|
Daily Public Skate Rate
|Daily Senior Public Skate Rate (62 and older)||$ 5.00|
|Youth Group Rates (30 or more skaters, under age 17)||$ 5.00 *|
|Adult Group Rates (30 or more)||$ 5.00 *|
|Facility Rental Fees|
|Prime Time (Skates included)||$234,00 per hour|
|Prime Time (Skates NOT included)||$145.00 per hour|
|Non-Prime Time ** (Skates included)||$183.00 per hour|
|Non-Prime Time ** (Skates NOT included)||$87.00 per hour|
|Ice Rental for Broomball (equipment included)||$118 per hour|
|** School Days before 3 pm and after 9 pm|
|Regular Service||$ 6.00|
|Same Day Service||$ 8.00|
|Inquire about other skate repair and maintenance services.|