Effective November 1, 2010, NO REFUNDS will be allowed for Parks and Recreation Department programs unless the class was canceled by the City. This REFUND POLICY was enacted by the City Council and is applicable to ALL City departments. If you have any questions on the refund policy, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at (605) 394-5225.
All children under 7 years of age must be accompanied by someone at least 15 years old. This person must pay to enter the facility and must be in the water with the child.
All children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by someone at least 15 years old at all aquatic facilities. This person must pay to enter the facility and must remain at the facility.
18 years of age and older: 8 children to 1 adult
15 to 17 years of age: 4 children to 1 teen
Swimpants Required at ALL Pools
For all children who are not toilet trained.
The Rapid City Aquatics Division does not offer refunds or rain checks. Patrons who pay to enter aquatic facilities do so at their own risk. Refunds or rain checks will not be issued. Staff members will make every effort to inform patrons of this policy when inclement weather appears to be approaching. Call the Swim Center at 394-5223 or your neighborhood pool for information.
Pool Rules (Applies to all city pools)
- Lifeguards are here for your safety; please listen to them.
- All swimmers must wear swimsuits. Cut-offs, jeans, and sweatpants are not allowed. T-shirts may only be worn if approved by a lifeguard.
- All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- Aqua socks may be worn, if clean, before entering the deck or pool.
- No glass containers in pool or locker room area.
- All strollers, infant seats, and towels must be kept away from the pool and clear of all walkways.
- Personal Floatation Devices (PFDs) must be Coast Guard approved and used only with adult supervision in the water.
- Air mattresses and other floatables are not allowed. Swimming goggles are allowed.
- All children under 7 years of age must be accompanied by a caregiver at least 15 years old. This person must pay to enter the facility and must be in the water with the child.
All children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by a caregiver at least 15 years old at all aquatic facilities.
- All flips, back dives, and twists are restricted to the diving boards.
- No running, pushing, dunking, or horseplay is allowed.
- All guests should put their clothes and personal objects in a locker. The city is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. No items are to be checked with the cashier or other pool personnel.
- Headfirst entries are only allowed in water that is at least 6 feet deep.
- Candy and snacks may be purchased at the concession window. No outside food, drink, or coolers are allowed at any of our facilities. Please deposit all trash in litter receptacles to help keep our facilities clean.
- Guests are allowed to use cameras and video cameras inside the pool.
- Swimming at this facility is a privilege. Any swimmer not following the rules may be asked to leave.
- These rules and others dictated by common sense will be enforced by the staff.
- Individuals must be 48 inches tall to go down the slide.
- Slide feet first in a sitting position or lying on your back. Sliding head first or twisting is not allowed.
- Keep arms and legs inside slide walls at all times. No stopping, kneeling, or standing in the slide.
- Individuals may not catch other sliders in the splash-down area.
- Please exit the pool using the nearest steps after sliding.
- Wait to slide until the person before you exits the slide and is clear of the end of the slide.
- Only one person may slide at a time.
- Guests should hold glasses in their hands while sliding.
- No swimming or loitering in the water slide splash-down area.
- Personal Floatation Devices (lifejackets) are not allowed on the slide.
Diving Board Rules
- Warning: head, neck, and back injuries can result from improper diving.
- Use caution when diving.
- No swimming in the diving area while the diving board is in use.
- One person on a board at a time, including the steps.
- Only one bounce allowed on the board before diving.
- Jump or dive straight off the end of the board.
- Exit the diving area quickly using the nearest ladder after each dive.
- Please wait for the person in front of you to clear the diving area before diving.
- Personal Floatation Devices (lifejackets) are not allowed on the board.