RCPL offers test proctoring services at our Downtown location during normal operating hours. Scheduling is based on the availability of staff, facilities, and technology.
Rapid City Public Library
Attention: Test Proctoring
610 Quincy Street
Rapid City, South Dakota 57701
- Verify your institution accepts all library proctoring requirements.
- Fill out the Proctoring Request Form at least three (3) days before the desired test date.
- Once your proctoring session is confirmed, arrange for your institution to send the exam material, contact information, and passwords for tests to Rapid City Public Library.
- Verify the library has received your test materials before your test date.
- On or before your test date, pay the $20 proctoring fee. This charge is waived if you have a Rapid City Public Library card.
- Provide postage and mailing supplies if not provided by the school.
- Allow sufficient time to complete and return an examination before the deadline.
On the day of your exam:
- Please arrive before your scheduled test start time. If you need additional set up time, include that when scheduling your exam.
- Check in at the front desk to notify staff that you are here for a proctored exam.
- Please do not bring items restricted by your institution to your test. During your test, the library cannot be responsible for holding these items.
- The library will monitor the exam for the duration provided by the institution.
- The library will include an exam location in your confirmation. Depending upon the activity in the library, a study room may or may not be available and noise levels will vary.
- The library will follow instructions and provide materials sent by the testing institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm test materials are received before the day of the exam.
- Library staff will not sign any statement required by your institution that is outside library policy or procedure. If we are unable to proctor your exam, we will notify you ahead of time.
- The library will submit any required material to the contact information provided by your institution.