Community Event and Appearances
The Rapid City Fire Department remains firmly committed to community relations and public education. However, due to higher call volumes and a high volume of requests from the community, the Rapid City Fire Department has set forth the following guidelines.
*In an abundance of caution to prevent the spread of COVID-19, no operational firefighter or paramedic will provide tours or demonstrations. We do offer educational visits on-line or to your location in person by non-operational staff when there is appropriate safeguards.*
All requests must be submitted via the Fire Department Appearance Request form.
For questions related to appearance requests, please contact Tessa Jaeger, Public Information Officer for the Rapid City Fire Department at (605)-394-4180 or email her here.
1. All requests must be received no less than 14 days in advance.
2. While firefighters enjoy participating in community events, our first priority is providing quality, timely, and professional emergency services to those who live in, work in, and visit our community. We may not be able to accommodate all event requests due to training obligations, call volume and other scheduling conflicts.
3. If a fire crew attends your event, they will typically remain “in service” and stage the apparatus somewhere that allows them to leave quickly if they are dispatched to an emergency.
4. Crew visits at community events are typically scheduled for 1-2 hours, with the understanding that an emergency response may cause the crew to arrive late to the event, to leave abruptly, or in some cases, to not be able to show up at all.
5. Submission of a form does not guarantee approval. The Rapid City Fire Department reserves the right to deny a request at Rapid City Fire Department discretion.
6. After your completed form is received, we will send you an e-mail confirmation within one week acknowledging that your request was received and is being reviewed.
7. It is highly recommended that your event not be centered on an appearance by the Rapid City Fire Department, but rather should be approached as a complimentary element to your program.
8. Completed forms may be submitted:
-In person at Rapid City Fire Department Headquarters located at 10 Main St. in downtown Rapid City.
Attention: Tessa Jaeger
Rapid City Fire Department Headquarters
10 Main St
Rapid City, SD 57701
-Faxed to the Rapid City Fire Department, (605)-394-6754
9. All forms must be filled out completely and include a signature in order to be considered.