- Host conventions, meetings, receptions, concerts, Broadway plays, sporting events, etc.
- Home of the Rapid City Rush, 2010 CHL President Cup Hockey Champions.
- Home to the Black Hills Stock Show and Rodeo, Rodeo Rapid City, Black Hills Sport Show, Black Hills Home Builders Home Show, Lakota Nation Invitational, Black Hills Pow-Wow and multiple South Dakota State High School Activities.
- Facility encompasses nearly 500,000 square feet all under one roof. Including Summit Arena, a 10,000+ seat multi-purpose arena, a 7,000+ seat Ice Arena, a 1,700 seat Fine Arts Theatre, the Barnett Fieldhouse, and over 250,000 square feet of convention space and numerous meeting rooms.
- Access to over 4,000 parking spaces adjacent to the complex.
- Full service in-house catering, concessions, event staff/security, ticketing, marketing, operations and production.
- A market of 600,000 which includes western South Dakota, eastern Wyoming, southeast Montana and northwest Nebraska.
- Over 1 million customers through the building 700+ events and 1,500 event days.
- Governed by a Board of Directors
- Facility opened in 1977
- Major additions in 1986 (Rushmore Hall), 1997 (Food Court & Rushmore Hall North) and 2008 (Ice Arena & Parking Lot). Major remodel and refurbishing in 2007 (Fine Arts Theatre) and 2009 (LaCroix Hall). Expansion of Summit Arena in 2021.
- Provide utilities to The Monument and Central High School
- Monitor other city-owned facilities and Rapid City area schools.