AGENDA FOR THE RAPID CITY YOUTH CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30PM Tuesday 12 January 2020
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM AND CHECK INS
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MOMENT OF SILENCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. Swearing in the members of the Rapid City Youth City Council: Hannah Churchill, Jordyn Kokesh, Rylan Barnett, Grace Bradley, Sadie Colbeck, Grace Dodds, Kiran Kelly, Jocelyn Konechne, Victoria Lujan, Raleigh Lunderman, Peyton Swallow, Charlie Swann, Kaitlynn Wellman, Kaci Kirschenman, Sho- Shanna Piper, Tae Swanson, Blake Bush, and Dhruv Goyal. As well as the announcement of mentors.
2. Mayor Allender presentation.
3. Malcom Chapman presentation.
4. Common Council Attendee’s Report.
a. December 21st Common Council Meeting.
b. January 4th Common Council Meeting.
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the RCYCC on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the voting members present. RCYCC Chair will recognize speakers from the public and give them the floor for three minutes.
Approve Minutes from Last Meeting
5. Review of 08 December 2020 meeting minutes
6. Cultural Competence Committee- Peyton Swallow
7. Environmental Committee- Grace Bradley and Kiran Kelly
8. Mental Health Committee- Kaitlynn Wellman and Hunter Herzog
9. Election of Officers for the 2021 term.
10. Mask mandate decision.
11. January 16th volunteer work for the Cancer Institute and placing warm clothing downtown.
12. Review and discussions of potential changes of previous By- Laws.
13. February retreat.