AGENDA FOR THE RAPID CITY YOUTH CITY COUNCIL (RCYCC)
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30PM Tuesday 14 January 2020
*This meeting is the inaugural meeting of the RCYCC. Therefore, Rapid City Common Council liaison to the RCYCC, Lance Lehmann, will preside over the meeting until the selection of officers.
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
RCYCC Secretary will take roll, establishing a formal record of those present and determining if a quorum is reached (one-third of all voting members). *During the inaugural meeting presiding Common Council Liaison, Lance Lehmann, will provide for this function.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
RCYCC Chair will lead the chamber in the common pledge. (Participation is not compulsory.) *During the inaugural meeting presiding Common Council Liaison, Lance Lehmann, will provide for this function.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
RCYCC Chair will give recognition to those members that wish to bring forward both formal and personal points of privilege for the celebration of awards and recognitions. *During the inaugural meeting presiding Common Council Liaison, Lance Lehmann, will provide for this function.
- Oath of Office: City of Rapid City Finance Department Director Pauline Sumption will swear in newly selected Rapid City Youth City Council members:
Hannah Churchill (1-year term)
Jordyn Kokesh (2-year term)
Rylan Barnett (2-year term)
Grace Bradley (2-year term)
Sadie Colbeck (1-year term)
Grace Dodds (2-year term)
Hunter Herzog (1-year term)
Rebecca Huang (1-year term)
Kiran Kelly (2-year term)
Jocelyn Konechne (2-year term)
Victoria Lujan (2-year term)
Raleigh Lunderman (2-year term)
Kwynn Morsching (1-year term)
Peyton Swallow (2-year term)
Essence (Charlie) Swann (2-year term)
Tusweca Taoniye L. Mendoza (2-year term)
Kaitlynn Wellman (1-year term)
Elizabeth Wright (2-year term)
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
*During the inaugural meeting presiding Common Council Liaison, Lance Lehmann, will provide for this function.
- Election of RCYCC Chairperson
- Election of RCYCC Vice Chairperson
- Election of RCYCC Secretary
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
RCYCC Chair will place the posted agenda before the council, requires a motion, second, and majority vote to be adopted. (After a proper motion and second the agenda may be changed by amending the motion to adopt.)
RCYCC Chair will recognize and give the floor to the arranged presenter.
- None: This is the inaugural meeting of the RCYCC there are no formal presentation time has been alloted for the swearing in of members and organizational business.
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the RCYCC on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the voting members present. RCYCC Chair will recognize speakers from the public and give them the floor for three minutes.
Approve Minutes from Last Meeting
RCYCC Secretary will place the minutes of the last meeting before the council, requires a motion, second, and majority vote to be approved. (After a proper motion and second the minutes may be changed by amending the motion to approve.)
- None: This is the inaugural meeting of the RCYCC there are no prior minutes to approve.
RCYCC Chair will recognize Committee Chairs and give them the floor for report. Generally, reports are for information purposes only and do not require a motion. Unless a formal recommendation is made by the committee.
- None: This is the inaugural meeting of the RCYCC there are no committees with reporting duties.
Matters carried over from previous meetings.
- None: This is the inaugural meeting of the RCYCC there is no prior business.
Matters being introduced for the first time.
- Adoption of Bylaws: Proposed RCYCC bylaws have been provided to Council Members eight days prior to this meeting and are now before the RCYCC for adoption.
- Establish Calendar for Common Council Meetings: By the establishing resolution the RCYCC is required to provide of its membership at least one member to attend public Common Council meetings as a monitor to relay information back to the Youth City Council. This administrative order of business is to establish which members will attend which Common Council meetings.
If all agenda items have been addressed and no further business is brought forward, the RCYCC Chair may declare the meeting adjourned. Otherwise a motion and second must be carried with no objection.