12:30 P.M. Tuesday, April 26, 2022
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
General Public Comment opened
General Public Comment closed
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 1 – 17
Public Comment opened – Items 1 - 17
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve minutes of April 12, 2022.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
2) PW042622-01: Approve Change Order #3 to Complete Concrete Inc. for Lacrosse Street Interchange Utility Improvements, Project 16-2318 / CIP No. 51108, for an increase of $50,761.65.
3) PW042622-02: Approve Change Order #1 to R.C.S. Construction, Inc. for St. Cloud Street Reconstruction Project – 5th Street to Highland Court, Project No. 19-2487 / CIP No. 51036, for a decrease of $38,386.35.
4) PW042622-03: Approve Change Order #1 to Layne Christensen Company Well #9 Pump Replacement, Project No. 20-2573 / CIP No. 51271, for a Contract Time Extension of 30 days.
5) PW042622-04: Approve Change Order #2 to Layne Christensen Company for Well #5 and Well #6 Pump Replacement & Electrical Improvements, Projects 20-2574 and 21-2640, for a Contract Time Extension of 61 days.
6) PW042622-05: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to sign Amendment No. 1 Between the City of Rapid City and Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for Canyon Lake District Streets Reconstruction, Project No. 19-2535 / CIP No. 51098 in the amount of $300,665.00.
7) PW042622-06: Authorize removal of the requirement that the Contractor perform a minimum of 50% of the work for the Enchantment Road PRV CP and Repair Project No. 20-2590/CIP 51261.
8) PW042622-07: Authorize lowering the requirement that the Contractor perform a minimum of 50% of the work to 35% of the work for, Miscellaneous Improvements Projects – Facility Type and Fencing Improvements, Project No. 20-2608 / CIP 51132.4.
9) PW042622-08: Request Transfer of Lancer Drive Drainage Lot from Drainage Commission to City and Authorize the Public Works Director to Accept the Deed for Lancer Drive Drainage Lot (Tax ID 42398)
Staff Recommendation: APPROVE
10) PW042622-09: Authorize staff to advertise for bids of one (1) new current model year ¾ ton 4X4 pickup truck, bids with and without lift gate for the Water Reclamation division. Estimated cost is $42,000.
11) PW042622-10: Authorize staff to advertise for bids of two (2) new current model year 1 ½ ton 4X4 diesel pickup trucks, bids with and without utility body, for the Water Reclamation division. Estimated cost is $55,000 each.
12) PW042622-11: Authorize Staff to Seek Proposals for Farming at the Water Reclamation Remediation Site.
ITEMS FROM PARKS AND RECREATION
13) PW042622-12: Authorize Staff to Purchase a 2022 Workman HDX 2WD from Midwest Turf & Irrigation with Sourcewell Pricing in the Amount of $31,015.00.
14) PW042622-13: Authorize Staff to Purchase a 2022 Workman UTX 2WD Crew from Midwest Turf & Irrigation with Sourcewell Pricing in the Amount of $29,484.00.
15) PW042622-14: Authorize Staff to Purchase a 2022 Workman UTX 2WD from Midwest Turf & Irrigation with Sourcewell Pricing in the Amount of $19,528.00.
ITEMS FROM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
16) 22VR003: Approval of Resolution 2022-032 – Resolution for Vacation of Right-of-Way of a portion of Lot H4 of the NE1/4 of the SW1/4 of the SE1/4 of Section 22, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota property generally described as being located west of the intersection of Golden Eagle Drive and Villaggio Lane.
17) 22VR004: Approval of Resolution 2022-033 – Resolution for Vacation of Right-of-Way of a portion of the right-of-way of East Boulevard adjacent to Lot 1 and Lot 32, also adjacent to the previously vacated alley right-of-way, Block 80, Original Townsite of Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota property generally described as being located on East Boulevard between Main Street and Rapid Street.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR