12:30 P.M. Tuesday, December 28, 2021
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 1 – 16
Public Comment opened – Items 1 - 16
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve minutes of December 14, 2021.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
2) PW122821-01: Request Authorization To Seek Proposals For Development And Implementation Of A Utility Rate Study For The Water And Water Reclamation Utilities, Project No. 2687/CIP No. 51342. Estimated Cost of This Study is $200,000.
3) PW122821-02: Approve Request And Authorize Staff To Purchase (1) One New Single Engine Hydro Excavation With Vacuum On Heavy Duty Chassis, Through The Sourcewell Cooperative Contract #122017-FSC-2 With Vactor Through Sanitation Products In The Amount Of $496,051.79. For Utility Maintenance
4) PW122821-03: Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Amendment 3 to Professional Services Agreement with FMG Engineering for Rushmore Plaza Civic Center Arena Expansion Project #2452 Boundary, Topographic Survey and Testing in the amount of $40,612.31.
5) PW122821-04: Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to sign a Professional Services Agreement with Chamberlin Architects PC for Rapid City Fire Station #1 Improvements Project #2612 in the amount of $838,350.00.
6) PW122821-05: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid City and HDR Engineering, Inc. for E Main Street N Bridge Repair, Project No. 19-2525/CIP No. 51247 in the amount of $143,090.00.
7) PW122821-06: Authorize Staff to Advertise Bids for Deadwood Avenue Reconstruction Phase 1, Project No. 17-2375 / CIP 50437.1. Estimated Cost $2,700,000.
8) PW122821-07: Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for E Anamosa Street – Street and Storm Sewer Repairs, Project No. 21-2639/ CIP No. 51153. Estimated Cost $575,000.
9) PW122821-08: Authorize Staff to Advertise Bids for 2021 Roadway Surfacing Project, Project No. 21-2673 / CIP No. 50297. Estimated Cost $180,000.
10) PW122821-09: Approve Change Order #2 to Complete Concrete Inc. for Lacrosse Street Interchange Utility Improvements, Project 16-2318/CIP 51108 for an increase of $1,225.31.
11) PW122821-10: Approve Change Order #1 to Mainline Contracting Inc. for Una Del Drive Reconstruction, Project 19-2505/CIP 50914 for an increase of $9,096.83
12) PW122821-11: Approve Change Order #1F to Simon Contractors of SD Inc. for 2021 Street Patching Project, Project 20-2619/CIP 50549 for a decrease of $2,333.66.
13) PW122821-12: Approve Change Order #2F to Dakota Barricade LLC for 2021 Lane Line Painting, Project #21-2649/CIP 50594 for a decrease of $24,869.90.
14) PW122821-13: Authorize Mayor and Finance Office to Sign Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Fox, LLC for Oversize Water Main Cost Reimbursement, not to exceed $69,075.00
15) PW122821-14: Request From Todd Seaman (3806 Elysian) And Adam Bodensteiner (3837 Elysian) For A Variance To Waive The Requirement To Install Sidewalk Along Elysian Ct, Per City Ordinance 12.08.060.
Staff Recommendation: APPROVE
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR’S OFFICE
16) PW122821-15: Confirm the appointment of Scott Kenner to the Rapid City Air Quality Board.
ITEMS FROM THE WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
17) PW122821-16: Request Authorization For The Mayor And Finance Director To Sign Sewer Service Agreement Between The City Of Rapid City And Rapid Valley Sanitary District To Allow The District To Use The Sewage Treatment System Of The City