AGENDA FOR THE PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
12:30 P.M. Tuesday, December 14, 2021
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 1 – 16
Public Comment opened – Items 1 - 16
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve minutes of November 30, 2021.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
2) PW121421-01: Approve Change Order #2F to Mainline Contracting for E Watertown Street Water Main Replacement, Project 2501/CIP 51076 for an increase of $13,338.39.
3) PW121421-02: Approve Change Order #3F to Veolia ES Technical Solutions for 2021 Collection and Disposal of Household Hazardous Waste One-Day Event for Rapid City Solid Waste Customers, Project 2572/CIP 51206 for an increase of $11,489.15.
4) PW121421-03: Approve Change Order #2F to RCS Construction for Regency Court Storm Sewer Improvement, Project 20-2599/CIP 51301 for a decrease of $65,309.77.
5) PW121421-04: Approve Change Order #3 to Simon Contractors of SD Inc. for 2020 Miscellaneous Improvements Projects, General Civil Projects, Project 20-2605/CIP 51132.1 for an increase of $8,781.76.
6) PW121421-05: Approve Change Order #4 to Muth Electric, Inc. for Downtown Lighting Project Phase 2, Project 20-20-2613 / CIP 51228 for a decrease of $19,274.00.
7) PW121421-06: Approve Change Order #2 to Zandstra Construction for Rapid City Landfill Cell 18 Debris Fencing & Phase II Berm, Project 21-2641/CIP 51202.1 for a decrease of $11,500.00.
8) PW121421-07: Authorized Mayor and Finance Director to Sign Amendment No. 4 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Engineering for Professional Engineering Services for Perrine and Unnamed Tributary Drainage Basin Design Plans (DBDPs) Amendment – Phase 2, Project No. 18-2430, CIP No. 51189.2.
9) PW121421-08: Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Professional Service Amendment for City Hall Renovation – Phase 2 with TSP in the amount of $76,616.00 for Project No. 19-2675 / CIP 51225
10) PW121421-09: Authorize Staff to Advertise Bids for Sewer Force Main Air Release Valve Replacement – Haines Ave, Project No. 21-2663 / CIP No. 50846. Estimated Cost $70,000.
11) PW121421-10: Authorize Staff to seek proposals for professional services in the role of Owners Representative during the Water Reclamation Facility South Plant Improvement project, Project Number 20-2629/CIP Number 51129 and other Public Works Facility type projects.
12) PW121421-11: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to Sign Purchase Agreement in the amount of $65,000 between the City of Rapid City and William and Wanda Houser and Authorize the Public Works Director to Accept the Deed for Lots 20 and 21 in Pine Heights Subdivision.
13) PW121421-12: Request from Renner Associates, LLC for an exception to allow more than 40 dwelling units along Bradsky Road with only one point of access. Per Section 2.6 of the Infrastructure Design Criteria Manual (IDCM), a single access can only serve 40 dwelling units unless an exception is approved by City Council.
Staff Recommendation: APPROVE
14) PW121421-13: Request from Renner Associates, LLC for a variance to waive the requirement to install sidewalk for Lovell Subdivision, along Bradsky Road, per City Ordinance 12.08.060.
Staff Recommendation: APPROVE
15) PW121421-14: Approve request and authorize staff to purchase (1) one new 2022 HX30G Hydro Excavator from Ditch Witch through the Sourcewell Cooperative Contract #012418-CMW in the amount of $51,472.62.
ITEMS FROM MAYOR’S OFFICE
16) PW121421-15: Confirm the reappointments of Doug Wilson and Kristofer James and the new appointment of Doug McIntosh to the Rapid City Trenching Board.