AGENDA FOR THE PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
12:30 P.M. Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 1 – 12
Public Comment opened – Items 1 - 12
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Items From The Public Works Department
- PW091421-01: Appointment of Lance Lehmann, Greg Strommen, and Brandon Quiett to the Western Pennington Flood Management Commission
- PW091421-02: Approve Request for Stormwater Drainage Utility Fee Abatement for Property Owned by Drainage Commission, Tax ID 42398, in the amount of $285.75 (assessment years 2017-2021).
- PW091421-03: Accept quitclaim deed for Revised Drainage Lot of Horst Subdivision, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
- PW091421-04: Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids Equipment Rental Rates for Snow Removal Operations. Estimated cost: $90,000.00
- PW091421-05: Authorize staff to advertise for 5th Street Panel Repair – Minnesota to Stumer, Project No. 21-2657 / CIP 50445 for $440,000.
- PW091421-06: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to Sign the First Amendment to Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and The Hawthorne Ditch Company for Purchase of Water Rights.
- PW091421-07: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to sign informal agreement with Prime Excavating Inc. for Hall Street Water Main Abandonment and Fire Hydrant Installation Project No. 21-2678 CIP No. 50808 for the amount of $70,781.78.
- PW091421-08: Authorize Mayor And Finance Director To Sign Water Service Agreement Between The City Of Rapid City And Red Rock Golf Club LLC, To Set Forth The Terms And Conditions Whereby The City Will Provide Untreated Water To Red Rock For Irrigating Purposes Only.
- PW091421-09: Request from Renee Catron of KTM Design Solutions for a variance to waive the requirement to install sidewalk along Castle Garden Court and Glenview Place, Rapid City, per City Ordinance 12.08.060.
- PW091421-10: Acknowledge Submittal of a State Water Plan Application for planned Solid Waste Cell #16 Cover and GCCS Construction and Flare Replacement, Project No. 18-2448 / CIP 51202
- PW091421-11: Acknowledge Submittal of a State Water Plan Application for a proposed East Rapid City Water Treatment Plant.
- PW091421-12: Authorize Mayor to Sign Updated Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Rapid City and Pennington County For Exchange of Snow Routes