Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
Submit General Public Comments Online here.
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 1 – 16
Public Comment opened – Items 1 - 16
Public Comment closed
Submit Consent item Public Comments Online here.
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve minutes of September 15, 2020.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR'S OFFICE
2) PW092920-14: Confirm the reappointment of Carol Evan Saunders and Jenn Johnson and the new appointment of Emily Calhoun to the Historic Preservation Commission.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
3) PW092920-01: Approve change order 1F to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for 2020 Chip Seal Project, Project #2543/CIP NO.50844 for an increase of $31.48.
4) PW092920-02: Approve change order 1F to J & J Asphalt for Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Valley West Drive Overlay, Project #2546/CIP NO.50549 for an increase of $75,436.75.
5) PW092920-03: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to sign Amendment Number 1 to Agreement Number 614924 for the Joint Powers Maintenance and Encroachment Agreement between Department of Transportation and City of Rapid City for the LaCrosse Street Interchange Utility Improvements, Project No. 16-2318 / CIP No. 51108, in the amount of $138,680.57.
6) PW092920-04: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Engineering, Inc. Una Del Drive Reconstruction, Project No. 19-2505 / CIP No. 50914. In the amount of $101,676.00.
7) PW092920-05: Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Professional Services for Wonderland Drive Area Street & Utilities Reconstruction – Phase 1, Project No. 20-2609 / CIP No.51070.1
8) PW092920-06: Authorize Reduction Of The Requirement That The Contractor Perform A Minimum Of 50% Of The Work For The Tower Road Stabilization, Project Number 19-2537 / CIP 51254.
9) PW092920-07: Authorize Removal Of The Requirement That The Contractor Perform A Minimum Of 50% Of The Work For The Enchantment Pressure Reducing Facilities (PRV) Short Term Piping Upgrades, Project Number 20-2590 / CIP 51261.
10) PW092920-08: Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for the Enchantment Pressure Reducing Facilities (PRV) Short Term Piping Upgrades, Project Number 20-2590 / CIP 51261. Cost: $220,000.
11) PW092920-09: Authorize Staff To Advertise For Bids For Homestead St. Inlay Project, Project No. 19-2557 / CIP 50844 for $200,000.
12) PW092920-10: Approve Vacation of Right-of-Way (ROW) on 4th Street between New York Street and Philadelphia Street
13) PW092920-11: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to sign Joint Powers Maintenance Agreement with the Department of Transportation and Pennington County for two streetlights on Long View Road north of SD Highway 44 east of Rapid City, thereby formalizing Pennington County’s responsibility to maintain and repair the lights and to reimburse Rapid City for monthly electricity costs.
14) PW092920-12: Approve Request For The Purchase Of One (1) New 5,000 Lb. LP Pneumatic Tire Lift Truck From Sourcewell Purchase Contract #101816-MCF With RAKA In The Amount Of $32,069.00.
ITEMS FROM CIVIC CENTER
15) PW092920-13: Authorize Staff To Advertise For Bids For Life Safety/Fall Arrest System For The New Arena Expansion At The Rushmore Plaza Civic Center, Project #2452. Estimated Cost: $450,000.
ITEMS FROM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
16) 20CA002: Approve Resolution 2020-073 - An Amendment to the Comprehensive Plan by Adopting RapidTRIP 2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan and 2020 Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan.