Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 1 – 20
Public Comment opened – Items 1 - 20
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve minutes of February 25. 2020
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
2) PW031020-01: Authorize Public Works Director to Accept Warranty Deed for a portion of Lots 9 through 11 in Block 18 of Providence Addition, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
3) PW031020-02: Approve Change Order #3 to Tru-Form Construction, Inc. for Disk Drive and Haines Avenue Intersection, Project 16-2347/CIP 51121 for an increase of $6,616.60.
4) PW031020-03: Approve Change Order #1F to R.C.S Construction, Inc. for Knollwood Drainage Basin Element 3 Improvement, Project 19-2526/CIP 51248 for an increase of $2,153.73. Actual quantities adjusted to complete the project.
5) PW031020-04: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Bridge Reinspection Program Resolution. Project No. 20-2576 / CIP No. 50630
6) PW031020-06: Authorize Staff to Advertise Bids for Sheridan Lake Rd. Panel Repair Project No. 19-2556 / CIP No. 50445. Estimated Cost $400,000.00
7) PW031020-07: Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Hot Mixed Asphaltic Concrete. Estimated Cost: $161,000.00.
8) PW031020-08: Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Limestone Gravel for Various City Departments. Estimated cost $87,000.00.
9) PW031020-09: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Resolution No. 2020-016 Construction Fee Resolution for Cobalt Drive Sanitary Sewer Bypass Frontage - Per Front Footage Fee, Project No. 14-2127.
10) PW031020-10: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Resolution No. 2020-017 Construction Fee Resolution for Cobalt Drive Sanitary Sewer Bypass Oversize - Per Acre Fee, Project No. 14-2127.
11) PW031020-11: Approve Partial Abatement Request for Stormwater Drainage Utility Fee for KTLD CO, LLC, for property located at 1221 Santana Ct., Tax ID 63320, in the amount of $27.47 (2020).
12) PW031020-12: Approve Request from Dave and Jan Snyder for a variance to waive the requirement to install sidewalk along Pinecrest Drive, Rapid City, per City Ordinance 12.08.060.
13) PW031020-13: Approve Request from Jim and Susan Laughland for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk along Corral Drive, Rapid City, per City Ordinance 12.08.060.
14) PW031020-14: Approve Request from Affordably Creative Engineering Services, Inc., for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk along frontage of the lot located at 110 N Poplar Avenue. per City Ordinance 12.08.060 C
15) PW031020-15: Approve Extension of contract awarded May 6, 2019 to Pete Lien & Sons, Inc. for Ready Mixed Concrete.
16) PW031020-16: Approve extension of contract awarded May 20, 2019 to Tru-Form Construction for Concrete Replacement for Main Breaks.
17) PW031020-17: Approve Extension of contract for Water Reclamation Odor control chemical with Hawkins, Inc at the same contract price of $2.83/gallon for calendar year 2020. Estimated usage is 7,500 gallons for an extended price of $21,225.00.
ITEMS FROM THE PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
18) PW031020-05: Approve Change Order No. 1 to Western States Fire Protection for Fire Suppression Halley, Dinosaur, Meadowbrook & Executive, Project No. PR19-6167 for an increase of $34,139.
ITEMS FROM THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
19) 20VR002: Original Town of Rapid City – Approve Resolution 2020-009 - A request by Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers, Inc for OneHeart to consider an application for a Vacation of Right-of-Way for alley right-of-way adjacent to property generally described as being located at 201 and 217 Kansas City Street and 216, 218 and 230 Quincy Street.
20) 20VR003: Skyline Subdivision No. 2 – Approve Resolution 2020-010 - A request by Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers, Inc for Calvary Baptist Church to consider an application for a Vacation of Section Line-Highway for Section Line right-of-way on property generally described as being located at 4601 Mount Rushmore Road.