Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 1 – 20
Public Comment opened – Items 1 - 20
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve minutes of January 28, 2020.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
2) PW021120-01: Request Authorization For Mayor And Finance Officer To Sign Professional Services Agreement Or Amendment With Ferber Engineering Company For Omaha Street Utility Reconstruction – Sheffer St To 12th Street Project No. 16-2099/CIP 50904 In The Amount Of $82,310.00
3) PW021120-02: Authorize Mayor and Finance Office to Sign Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Engineering for Professional Engineering Services for Perrine and Unnamed Tributary Drainage Basin Design Plans (DBDPs) Amendment – Phase 2, Project Number 18-2430, CIP 51189.2, in the amount of $24,384.00
4) PW021120-03: Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Professional Services Agreement Amendment with Architecture Incorporated for Fitzgerald Stadium Renovations Proj. No. 19-2508 CIP #51231 for an increase amount not to exceed $256,438.00.
5) PW021120-17: Request to purchase approximately 113,450 sf of synthetic turf for Fitzgerald Stadium Renovation Project No 19-2508 / CIP 51231 through Sourcewell Contract #060518-FTU, amount not to exceed $500,000.
6) PW021120-04: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Professional Services Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Engineering for Rapid City Landfill Stormwater Plan – Project No.20-2568 / CIP No. 51274, for an Amount not to Exceed $53.290.00.
7) PW021120-05: Authorize Mayor and Finance Office to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Ferber Engineering Company for Professional Engineering Services for FEMA LOMR – Southeast and Truck Bypass Drainages, Project No. 20-2569/ CIP No. 51275 in the amount of $43,570.00
8) PW021120-06: Request to Purchase one (1) New 2020 Jeep Compass 4X4 SUV from Liberty Super Stores in the amount of $24,299.
9) PW021120-07: Approve Request from Security First Bank for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 along Catron Boulevard and Mount Rushmore Road for the property located at 1919 Hope Court.
10) PW021120-08: Approve Request from Hollie Bergeron for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 C along the frontage of 5424 Timberline Trail when applying for a Building Permit to build a garage on 5424 Timberline Trail..
11) PW012820-05: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Engineering, Inc. for Engineering Services for 2019 Fill Progression Survey and Annual Solid Waste Reporting, Project #: 20-2567/CIP #: 51273
Continued from January 28, 2020 Public Works Meeting
12) PW021120-09: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an agreement between the City of Rapid City and AET, Inc. for Engineering Services for 2020 Annual Renewal Environmental Monitoring, Project#: 20-2570/ CIP #: 51277
13) PW021120-10: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign amendment #2 between the City of Rapid City and HDR Engineering, Inc. for Professional Services for Rapid City Water Reclamation Facility Digester MCC and UV/Admin. Transfer Switch Replacement, Project Number: 19 – 2485 / CIP #51216 in the amount of $13,709.00.
14) PW021120-11: Authorize staff to advertise for bids for Oxygen Tank and Supply at the Elk Vale Lift Station. Estimated Cost $170,000.
15) PW021120-12: Approve Extension of Contract with SNF Polydyne for Purchase of Cationic Sludge Polymer for the Water Reclamation Facility. The extended prices is $1.28/lb with an estimated annual expenditure of $76,800.00 for 60,000lbs.
16) PW021120-13: Request to Purchase one (1) New 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 Long Box Pick-up Truck. Liberty Super Stores will match the State Contract #17345 in the amount of $25,442.00.
17) PW021120-18: Request to Purchase one (1) New 2020, Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 Long Box Pick-up Truck. Liberty Super Stores will match the State Contract #17345 in the amount of $29,660.48
18) PW021120-14: Authorize staff to advertise for two (2) Dial-A-Ride vehicles. Estimated cost $200,000.
ITEMS FROM THE PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
19) PW021120-15: Authorize staff to advertise for bids for Water Slide Resurfacing Project PR20-6175, in the approximate amount of $100,000.
20) PW021120-16: Authorize Staff to Purchase a 2020 John Deere 310SL with a Trade-In of a 2002 John Deere 310G from RDO Equipment Co. with Sourcewell Contract #032515-JDC in the Amount of $77,773.30.