Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 1 – 16
Public Comment opened – Items 1 - 16
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve minutes of December 10, 2019.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR’S OFFICE
2) PW123119-01: Confirm the reappointments of Joe Jarding, Kristofer James and Doug Wilson to the Rapid City Trenching Board.
3) PW123119-02: Confirm the reappointment of Karen Gundersen Olson to the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
4) PW123119-03: Approve Change Order 1 F to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for 2019 Street Patching Project, Project #19-2469/CIP 50844 for a decrease of $8,224.84.
5) PW123119-04: Approve Change Order 1F to J.V. Bailey Co., Inc. for Joint Sealing Panel Repair Replacement Cambell Street, Project #18-2472 /CIP 50445 for a decrease of $9,108.60.
6) PW123119-05: Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amendment No. 3 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and KTM Design Solutions, Inc. for Professional Engineering Services for Jolly Lane to Reservoir Road Trunk Sewer Extension, Project No. 14-2121 / CIP 51005 in the amount of $128,608.00.
7) PW123119-06: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amendment 1 with Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for 38th Street Reconstruction Clifton Street to Range Road, Project No. 15-2232/CIP 51716.1 & 50716.2 in the amount of $18,500.00.
8) PW123119-07: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Amendment 1 with FMG Engineering, Inc. for Disk and Haines Avenue Intersection project, Project No. 16-2347/CIP 51121 in the amount of $49,000.00.
9) PW123119-08: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid and Skyline Engineering, LLC for Construction Administration for the Downtown Lighting, Project No. 19-2500 / CIP No. 51228, in the amount of $47,230.00
10) PW123119-09: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign a contract amendment with Chamberlin Architects for Project No. 2527 / CIP No. 51249 Star of the West Restrooms.
11) PW123119-10: Authorize Mayor and Finance Office to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Bartlett & West for Professional Services for Water Booster Pump Station Design Criteria Update, Project No.19-2550/CIP No. 51234, in the amount of $54,900.
12) PW123119-11: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid City and HDR Engineering, Inc. for E Main Street N Bridge Emergency Repair, Project No. 19-2560 / CIP No. 51247 In the amount of $13,296.00.
13) PW123119-12: Request from Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers, Inc. for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 along Heidiway Lane for the property located west of the intersection of Heidiway Lane/Heidiway Court (Proposed Lot 5, Block 3 of Dunham Estates).
14) PW123119-13: Authorize staff to Seek Proposals for Professional Services for the Solid Waste Master Plan; Project No. 19-2561; CIP No. 51229
15) PW123119-14: Authorize purchase of a new Komptech Topturn X63 Compost Pile Turner from Source Well for a total of $575,520.00. This cost will be reimbursed 50% through SDDENR grant 2020-SW-200.
ITEMS FROM THE PARKS AND RECREATION
16) PW123119-15: Approve Resolution No. 2019-097 entitled A Resolution Altering the Rapid City Parks and Recreation Department Priority Use Policy