Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 1-22
Public Comment opened – Items 1-22
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve minutes of January 15, 2019.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
2) PW012919-02: Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for St. Cloud Street Reconstruction – 5th Street to Highland Court, Project No. 19-2487 / CIP No. 51036
3) PW012919-03: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Amendment to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Engineering, Inc. for Disk Drive and Haines Avenue Intersection, Project No. 16-2347 / CIP No. 51121, for an increase of $12,180.00 and to amend the project completion date.
4) PW012919-05: Authorize staff to advertise for 2019 Street Patching Project No. 18-2469 / CIP 50844 for $290,000.
5) PW012919-06: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Resolution No. 2019-011 Construction Fee Resolution for Soccer Complex Water Oversize – Per Acre Fee, Project No 12-1849.
6) PW012919-07: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Consent to Assignment for assignment of a contract for Water Rights Acquisition Assistance, Project No. 16-2314, CIP No. 50303 from RE/SPEC, Inc. to RESPEC Company, LLC
7) PW012919-08: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign the Professional Services Agreement with Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Engineering Services for Hanover Drive Drainage Crossing, Project No.18-22460 / CIP No. 51204 in the amount of $23,162.50.
8) PW012919-09: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Real Property Purchase Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Marcella and Patrick Jones for the property at 103 E. Anamosa Street in the amount of $61,500 and to sign all necessary paperwork to effectuate the sale
9) PW012919-10: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Real Property Purchase Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Antoinette and Don Fuller for Lot 1 of Block 7 of Priariefire Subdivision, located in the NE ¼ of Section 26, T1N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, in the amount of $15,000 and to sign all necessary paperwork to effectuate the sale.
10) PW012919-11: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Black & Veatch Corporation for Master Planning Professional Services for the Water Utility System Master Plan Update / Model Recalibration, Project No 14-2141 / CIP 50817.
11) PW012919-13: Approve Change Order #6F to RCS Construction, Inc. for E Idaho, E Nevada, Ivy Ave Street and Utility Reconstruction and Meade/Hawthorne Drainage Element 221 Improvements Project, Project # 15-2253/CIP 54213.1B for a decrease of $107,336.96.
12) PW012919-14: Approve Change Order #1 to RCS Construction, Inc. for Reservoir Road Trunk Sewer Extension, Project # 15-2315/CIP 50328.1 for a decrease of $33,530.90.
13) PW012919-15: Approve Change Order #3 to Western Construction, Inc. for Catron Boulevard Widening Project, Project # 16-2343/CIP 5115 for a decrease of $80,557.82.
14) PW012919-16: Approve Change Order #1 to Western Construction, Inc. for Pavement Rehabilitation Project East Saint Joseph Street Overlay, Project # 17-2363/CIP 51161 for a decrease of $43,198.87.
15) PW012919-17: Approve Change Order #1 to Semmler Manufacturing, Inc. for Parkview ASA Bathroom/Concessions, Project # 17-2393 for an increase of $4,285.00
16) PW012919-18: Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Amendment 1 to the Construction Professional Services agreement between City of Rapid City and Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for E. Idaho Street, E. Nevada Street, Ivy Avenue Street and Utility Reconstruction and Meade/Hawthorne Drainage Element 221 Improvements. Project # 15-2253/CIP No. 50421.3-1B. Total of amendment one $18,215.00.
17) PW012919-12: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign the 2019 Environmental Monitoring Contract Renewal for the Landfill and MRF.
18) PW012919-19: Request for Advertising Authority for Roadway Deicer Sodium Chloride for Streets Division.
ITEMS FROM PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
19) PW012919-01: Authorize staff to advertise for Design-Build fire suppression systems in the Parks and Recreation Office in Halley Park, the Concession Building in Dinosaur Park and in the Clubhouses at Meadowbrook and Executive Golf Courses, for an estimated cost of $200,000.
20) PW012919-04: Authorize Staff to Purchase a 2019 S595 Bobcat Skid-Steer Loader for the Parks Maintenance Division in the amount of $39,511.94 from Jenner Equipment with NJPA Contract #042815-CEC.
21) PW012919-20: Authorize Staff to Purchase a 2019 Toro Workman HDX 4WD with ROPS Hard Cab, Door Kit, Cab Heater and Wheel Weight Kit from Midwest Turf & Irrigation with IPA Pricing for $33,696.00
22) PW012919-21: Request approval from the City Council for the Urban Forestry Committee to apply for a grant from BH Energy in the amount of $10,000 to replace Ash trees that will be removed in Canyon Lake Park, city property on West Boulevard and other locations deemed necessary by the City Forester.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – NONE