Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 1 – 18
Public Comment opened
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve minutes of January 2, 2019.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
2) PW011519-01: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a Covenant Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Harold and Judith Bies allowing connections to the City Water System for City Project No. 13-2107 / CIP No. 50964
3) PW011519-02: Authorize staff to advertise bids for Pavement Rehabilitation Project –W. Fulton Street, Project No. 18-2465 / CIP No. 50549. Estimated Cost: $80,000.
4) PW011519-04: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Resolution No. 2019-004 Construction Fee Resolution for Creek Drive Commercial Units Water Main Extension Oversize - Per Acre Fee, Project No. DEV13-1158.
5) PW011519-05: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Resolution No. 2019-005 Construction Fee Resolution for Golden Eagle Water Main Extension - Per Front Footage Fee, Project No. DEV 14-1198.
6) PW011519-06: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Resolution No. 2019-006 Construction Fee Resolution for Homestead Street Water Main Oversize - Per Acre Fee, Project No. DEV 14-1196 & DEV14-1204.
7) PW011519-07: Authorize Mayor and Finance Office to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. (AE2S) for Professional Engineering Services for Analysis of Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) Meade/Hawthorne Drainage Basin, Project Number 18-2458, CIP 51190, in the amount of $164,272.00.
8) PW011519-08: Request Transfer of Lot D in Hamilton Subdivision from Pennington County to the City of Rapid City and Authorize Public Works Director to Accept Transfer
9) PW011519-09: Authorize Staff to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Elk Vale Lift Station Gravity Main & Force Main Upgrades Project No. 18-2480 / CIP No. 50729.
10) PW011519-10: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Black & Veatch Corporation for Master Planning Professional Services for the Wastewater Utility System Master Plan Update / Model Recalibration, Project No 14-2192 / CIP 50819 in the amount of $59,890.00
11) PW011519-11: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Engineering, Inc. for Engineering Services for Rapid City Landfill Permit 2018, Project Number: 18 – 2448 / CIP #51202 in the amount of $139,397.00
12) PW011519-12: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign agreement between the City of Rapid City and HDR Engineering, Inc. for Professional Services for Rapid City Water Reclamation Facility Digester MCC and UV/Admin. Transfer Switch Replacement, Project Number: 19 – 2485 / CIP #51216 in the amount of $54,995.00.
13) PW011519-15: Approve Change Order #2F for West Memorial Park Improvements Project# 2246 GIP# 51083 with Quinn Construction for a decrease of $29,429.45.
14) PW011519-16: Approve Change Order #1 F for City Fencing Project# 17-2396 CIP # 51177 with Homes by Shadrach Howie, LLC for an increase of $2,028.64.
PARKS AND RECREATIONS
15) PW011519-03: Approve request from Black Hills Farmers Market to name the area located at 145 E. Omaha Street “Market Park”.
16) PW011519-17: Authorize Staff to Purchase a 2019 Diamond Boom Mower and Twin Flail Attachment from Diamond Mowers for the Parks Maintenance Division with NJPA Contract #052417 - DMM in the amount of $83,101.00.
17) PW011519-18: Authorize Staff to Purchase a 2019 John Deere 5100 M Utility Tractor from RDO Equipment with Sourcewell AG Contract #021815-DAC (PG 1P CG 70) in the amount of $61,499.52.
18) PW011519-19: Authorize Staff to Purchase a 2019 MT85 Mini Track Loader with 44” General Purpose Bucket and 48” Angle Broom from Jenner Equipment with NJPA Contract #042815-CEC for $30,162.41
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 19-20
Public Comment opened
Public Comment closed
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
19) PW011519-13: Request by KTM Design Solutions on behalf of Yasmeen Dream, LLC for funding of drainage modifications located at Johnson Ranch Subdivision in the amount of $129,680.00
20) PW011519-14: Request by KTM Design Solutions on behalf of Yasmeen Dream, LLC for reimbursement for detention pond improvements for the North Valley Park Stormwater Detention Pond, in the amount of $581,115.16 for total construction cost including right-of-way and easements plus repayment of one half of construction cost for sanitary sewer improvements in the amount of $110,445.05.