Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 1 – 16
Public Comment opened – Items 1 - 16
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve minutes of August 27, 2019.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR’S OFFICE
2) PW091019-02: Confirm the new appointment of David Williams to the Historic Preservation Commission and confirm the appointment corrections for John Riker, Chris Wehrle, Patrick Roseland and Jeff Drahota to the Historic Preservation Commission.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
3) PW091019-03: Approve Request for Stormwater Drainage Utility Fee Abatement for Daylight Investments III, LLC, for property located at 1700 Seger Dr., Tax ID 42318, in the amount of $4,739.34 (2018 and 2019)
4) PW091019-04: Authorize Staff to Advertise Bids for Lion Drive Rehabilitation Project No. 18-2474/ClP No. 50549. Estimated Cost $365,000.00
5) PW091019-05: Authorize staff to Advertise for Bids Project No. 2527 / CIP No. 51249 Star of the West Restrooms
6) PW091019-06: Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Park Drive Storm Sewer Repair, Project No. 19-2483 / CIP No. 51184, Estimated Cost $60,000.
7) PW091019-07: Approve Change Order 1 F to Underground Construction, Inc. for 7th Street Water Extension St. Cloud to Franklin St. and St. James Sanitary Sewer Mt. Rushmore Rd to 9th St. Project #18-2433/CI P 51199 for an increase of $12,891.95.
8) PW091019-08: Approve Correction to funding source identified in original award recommendation for bid of Hanover Drive Drainage Crossing, Project No. 18-2460 / CIP No. 51204 opened on July 30, 2019 to the lowest responsible bidder, R.C.S. Construction, Inc. in the amount of $289,832.93
9) PW091019-14: Approve Correction to funding source identified in original award recommendation for bid of Joint Sealing/Panel Replacement Cambell Street, Project No. 18-2472 / CIP No. 50445 opened on May 28, 2019 to the lowest responsible bidder, J.V. Bailey Co., Inc. in the amount of $387,710.80.
10) PW091019-11: Authorize Mayor and Finance Office to Sign Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Yasmeen Dream 111, LLC for Oversize Water Main Cost Reimbursement, not to exceed $72,200.00, for approximately 1,280 linear feet within the future E Philaphia Street Right-Of-Way.
11) PW091019-12: Authorize Mayor and Finance Office to Sign Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Yasmeen Dream 111, LLC for Oversize Water Main Cost Reimbursement, not to exceed $191,000.00, to increase the size of low level water main from 8” to 20” for approximately 820 linear feet and upsize the high level water main from 12” to 16” for approximately 750 linear feet within future E. Anamosa Street Right-Of-Way.
12) PW091019-13: Authorize Mayor and Finance Office to Sign Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Yasmeen Dream 111, LLC to allow conversion of existing 12” Low Level Water Main to High Level Water Main (North Rapid Zone) and payment be made to the City for replacement of their share of the costs for original 12” pipe.
13) PW091019-10: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Joint Powers Financial and Maintenance Agreement with the Department of Transportation for Roadway Safety Improvement Project PH 000S(401) PCN 06C6 to install retroreflective backplates on 53 City-owned traffic signals.
14) PW091019-01: Authorize the Solid Waste Division to purchase a recycling baler for the Material Recovery Facility (MRF) from Source Well with vendor Recovery Systems, Inc. for a total cost of $537,287.00. Funding will be from the Solid Waste Division with a 50% reimbursement from a SDDENR Solid Waste Grant
15) PW091019-09: Authorize Mayor and Finance Office to sign Resolution No. 2019-072 to apply for and, if awarded, accept an SD DENR grant and loan for the Cell 16 Closure/GCCS System, Litter Control Netting Along Perimeter of Cell #18, and Cell #15 Project Analysis, and authorizing the Public Works Director or designee to administer the grant, if awarded.
ITEMS FROM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
16) 19VR004: Murphy Ranch Estates and Murphy's Subdivision – Acknowledge the Tabling of Resolution 2019-067 - A request by Davis Engineering, Inc for Murphy Brothers Partnership, LLC to consider an application for a Vacation of Right-of-Way for right-of-way adjacent to Lots 1 and 2 of Murphy's Subdivision and Tract F of NW1/4 of Section 14, T1N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located south of the current terminus of Knuckleduster Road.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Item 17-18
Public Comment opened – Item 17-18
Public Comment closed
ITEMS FROM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
17) 19VR003: Airport Addition - Denial of Resolution 2019-058 - A request by Fisk Land Surveying and Consulting Engineers, Inc for David Ritter to consider an application for a Vacation of Right-of-Way for that portion of Wood Avenue right-of-way adjoining Blocks 11 and 12 of Airport Addition, located in the NW1/4 of Section 25, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located within Wood Avenue lying south of Knollwood Drive.
Planning Commission Recommendation: DENY
ITEMS FROM CITY ATTORNEY
18) PW091019-15: Resolution No. 2019-080 Amending the Policy of the City of Rapid City to Defray the Cost of Cleaning of Property Damaged by Sewer Backups
Staff Recommendation: APPROVE