AGENDA FOR THE PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
12:30 P.M. Tuesday, August 29, 2017
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 1 – 13
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 13
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve minutes of August 15, 2017.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Approve Change Order
2) PW082917-01 – Change Order #1 to Scull Construction Services for Fire Station 5 Improvements, Project No. 2073 / CIP No. 51158 for an increase of $20,614.84.
3) PW082917-02 – Change Order #1F to Mainline Contracting, Inc. for East St. James Water Main Loop, Project No. 16-2346 / CIP No. 50917 for an increase of $13,640.00.
Authorize Staff to Advertise For Bids
4) PW082917-03 – 2017 Out of the Dust, Project No. 17-2392 / CIP No. 50297. Estimated Cost: $100,000.00.
Authorize Mayor And Finance Officer To Sign
5) PW082917-04 – Construction Agreement with Black Hills Energy for removal and replacement of existing electrical facilities for East Idaho Street, East Nevada Street, Ivy Avenue – Street and Utility Reconstruction, Project No. 15-2253 / CIP No. 50421.3-1B in the amount not to exceed $6,000.00.
6) PW082917-05 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and HDR Engineering, Inc. for Professional Construction Administration Services for Water Reclamation Facility (WRF) Process Reliability Improvements, Project No. 16-2342 / CIP No. 51141 in the amount of $79,911.00.
7) PW082917-06 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG, Inc. for Design Professional Services for the Omaha Trunk Sewer – First Street to Maple Avenue, Project No. 16-2353 / CIP No. 50878 in the amount of $110,095.00.
8) PW082917-07 – Resolution No. 2017-079 a Construction Fee Resolution for Prairie Meadows Subdivision, Phase 3 Water Main Oversizing, Project No. DEV15-1215.
9) PW082917-08 – Acknowledge updated Advertising Authority for the West Chicago Street Utilities Reconstruction, Project No. 12-2022 / CIP No. 50448, PCN X02Q, being bid in conjunction with the South Dakota Department of Transportation project P0231(12)80 PCN 02R5.
10) PW082917-09 – Approve Acceptance of Infrastructure for Parkview Estate Townhouses, Hanover Drive – DEV13-1132.
11) PW082917-10 – Authorize Staff to Seek Proposals for Professional Services for Disk Drive and Haines Avenue Intersection. Project No. 16-2347 / CIP No. 51121.
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
12) PW082917-11 – Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Exclusive Beverage Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Coca Cola Bottling Company High Country for Parks and Recreation facilities.
13) PW082917-12 – Authorize staff to purchase one Joined Cantilever Hip—Skyway Shade Structure from Dakota Playground (NJPA Award Contract No. 030117-LSI) in the amount of $38,500 which includes the necessary materials, labor and equipment to install the shade structure at the Sioux Park Tennis Complex.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Item 14
Public Comment opened – Item 14
Public Comment closed
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARMENT
14) PW082917-13 – Appeal of Denied Exception Request from Chrisbro Hospitality, LLC to Waive the Requirement to Provide a Traffic Impact Study per City IDCM Section 2.17 Traffic Studies for a proposed Tru-Hampton Inn and Suites Hotel located on Tract A, Rushmore Center Subdivision.