AGENDA FOR THE PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
12:30 P.M. Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 1 – 12
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 12
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve minutes of April 25, 2017.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
2) Motorcycle Safety & Awareness Month Proclamation
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Authorize Staff to Advertise For Bids
3) PW050917-01 – WRF Process Reliability Improvements, Project No. 16-2342 / CIP No. 51141. Estimated Cost: $981,000.00.
4) PW050917-02 – Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Powderhorn Drive, Project No. 17-2376 / CIP No. 50549. Estimated cost: $250,000.00.
5) PW050917-03 – Mall Drive PCC Panel Repair, Project No. 17-2387 / CIP No. 50445. Estimated Cost: $250,000.00.
Authorize Mayor And Finance Officer To Sign
6) PW050917-04 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Banner Associates, Inc. for Water Reclamation Facility (WRF) Potable Water Improvements Construction Administration Services, Project No. 15-2266 / CIP No. 51079, in the amount of $53,760.00.
7) PW050917-05 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Inc. for Professional Services for West Memorial Park Improvements, Project No. 2246 / CIP No. 51083, in the amount of $92,000.00.
8) PW050917-06 – Authorize Staff to Seek Proposals for Sheridan Lake Road Traffic Study, Project No. 17-2373, CIP No. 51122.
9) PW050917-07 – Approve Acceptance of Infrastructure for Prairie Acres Sanitary Sewer, City Project No. 15-2297.
10) PW050917-08 – Approve Request from Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers for Muth Holdings, LLC for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 Along Haines Avenue for the Property Located at 4911 Haines Avenue.
Water Reclamation Division
11) PW050917-09 – Authorize Staff to Purchase One (1) new Dodge Ram 2500 for the Utility Maintenance Sewer Crew in the amount of $28,830.00 from Liberty Superstores in lieu of the state bid contract #16998 with Wegner Auto in Pierre. Liberty is offering to sell the truck for $1.00 less than the state bid amount of $28,831.00.
12) PW050917-10 – Authorize Staff to Purchase Two (2) new Dodge Ram 5500 Diesel Truck Chassis for the Utility Maintenance Storm Sewer Crew in the amount of $87,792.00 from Liberty Superstores in lieu of the state bid contract #16994 with Wegner Auto in Pierre. Liberty is offering to sell the truck for $357.00 each less than the state bid amount of $44,253.00 each.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR