AGENDA FOR THE PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
12:30 P.M. Tuesday, January 31, 2017
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 1 – 22
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 22
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve minutes of January 10, 2017.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
2) PW013117-21 – Confirm the Appointment of Rachel Caesar as Alternate #2 to the Planning Commission.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids
3) PW013117-01 – WRF Potable Water Improvements, Project No. 15-2266 / CIP No. 51079. Estimated Cost: $525,000.00.
4) PW013117-02 – Tatanka Road Water Main Extension, Project No. 16-2357 / CIP No. 51152. Estimated Cost $110,000.00.
5) PW013117-03 – Red Rock Booster Pump Station Upgrades, Project No. 14-2177, CIP # 50812.B. Estimated Cost: $1,200,000.00.
6) PW013117-04 – East Rapid Water Expansion Valley View and Radar Hill Road North Extensions, Project No. 14-2197 / CIP No. 50964.E. Estimated Cost: $950,000.00.
7) PW013117-05 – East Rapid Water Expansion Morris Lane Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV) Facility, Project No. 14-2195 / CIP No. 50964.C. Estimated Cost: $530,000.00.
Authorize Mayor And Finance Officer To Sign
8) PW013117-06 – Joint Funding Agreement between U.S. Department of Interior, U.S. Geological Survey and City of Rapid City for 2017 Water Resource Investigations to include the operation and maintenance of selected gaging stations and for various hydrologic investigations.
9) PW013117-07 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Upper Deck Architects for Professional Services for Fire Station 5 Improvements, Project No. 17-2073 / CIP No. 51158, in the amount of $52,800.00.
10) PW013117-08 – Amendment No. 3 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and HDR Inc. for Southside Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. 14-2095 / CIP No. 50328, in the amount of $21,547.00.
11) PW013117-09 – Construction Professional Services agreement between City of Rapid City and Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for West Omaha Drainage and Utility Improvements – Mountain View Road to 11th Street, Project No. 15-2316 / CIP No. 50904.1, in the amount of $359,105.00.
12) PW013117-10 – Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Jenner, LLC for Tatanka Road Water Main Extension.
13) PW013117-11 – Approve Request for Stormwater Drainage Utility Fee Abatement for Diane Stephens for 2770 Enchanted Pines Drive, Tax ID 66392, in the amount of $215.25 (2017).
14) PW013117-12 – Approve Acceptance of Infrastructure for Meadowlark Mobile Home Park Expansion Public Water Main - DEV13-1161.
15) PW013117-13 – Authorize Lowering the Percentage of Work that the General Contractor Must Perform from 50% to 35% for the WRF Potable Water Improvements, Project No. 15-2266 / CIP No. 51079.
16) PW013117-14 – Approve One-time Waiver of New Account Fees for New Garbage-only Accounts for Mobile Home Park Residents Following Tyler Utility Billing Conversion.
17) PW013117-15 – Approve Assessment Roll for Countryside Water System Conversion, Project No. 15-2257 / CIP No. 51086.
18) PW013117-16 – Approve acceptance of water system transferred from Countryside Homeowners Association, Inc. pursuant to 2014 annexation agreement.
Rapid Transit Division
19) PW013117-17 – Authorize Staff to Submit a Grant Application to the Rapid City Area MPO/SDDOT Transit and accept funds if awarded.
20) PW013117-18 – Approve extending contract bid to Pete Lien & Sons, Inc. for Ice Sanding Materials for the 2017 calendar year.
21) PW013117-19 – Authorize Staff to Purchase Two (2) New Current Model Year, ½ Ton 4X4 Regular Cab Long Box Pickups off State Bid number 16998.
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
22) PW013117-20 – Authorize Staff to Purchase a 2017 Groundsmaster 4000 T4 AWD Mower with 3 Decks, Auto Reversing Fan, Air Ride Seat, Full 2 Yr. Warranty, Light Adaptor Kit and Road Light Kit from Midwest Turf with IPA Pricing in the Amount of $61,807.00.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR