AGENDA FOR THE PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
12:30 P.M. Tuesday, December 13, 2016
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 1 – 19
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 19
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve minutes of November 29, 2016.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
2) PW121316-16 – Confirm the appointment of Bill Knight to the Rapid City Air Quality Board.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) PW121316-01 – Approve Utility Support Funding of $500,000.00 for the WRF Potable Water Connection – Utility Support Fund and SAB 28 Fund Oversight Committee.
4) PW121316-02 – Approve Utility Support Funding of $1,090,000.00 for the Rapid Valley Sanitary Sewer Bypass – Utility Support Fund and SAB 28 Fund Oversight Committee.
5) CIP111816-00 – Acknowledge Capital Improvement Programs Committee Monthly Update for November 2016. (Referred from the December 5, 2016, City Council Meeting)
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Approve Change Order
6) PW121316-03 – Change Order #1F to Hills Materials Company for Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Watertown Street, Project No. 15-2303 / CIP No. 50549 for a decrease of $3,815.82.
7) PW121316-04 – Change Order #3F to Mainline Contracting, Inc. for 9th Street Reconstruction, Project No.14-2208 / CIP No. 50435 for a decrease of $30,041.50.
8) PW121316-05 – Change Order #1F to Highmark Inc. for East College Avenue East Custer Street Reconstruction – Milwaukee to Racine, Project No. 14-2211 / CIP No. 50916 for a decrease of $76,866.43.
Authorize Mayor And Finance Officer To Sign
9) PW121316-06 – Amendment No. 2 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG, Inc. for Fulton Street Reconstruction, Project No. 15-2223 / CIP No. 50872 in the amount of: $28,255.00.
10) PW121316-07 – Professional Services Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for the Catron Boulevard Widening, Project No. 16-2343 / CIP No. 51115 in the amount of $113,404.00.
11) PW121316-08 – Approve Extending the Street Light Maintenance Contract Bid to Lighting Maintenance Co. (a division of Solar Sound Corp.).
12) PW121316-09 – Authorize Staff to apply for Bridge Improvement Grant (BIG) Funds for preservation and repair work for the East Main Street bridge, and for Preliminary Engineering work for the San Marco Boulevard bridge, and accept the funds if awarded.
13) PW121316-10 – Authorize removal of the requirement that the Contractor perform a minimum of 50% of the work for the Red Rocks Booster Pump Station Upgrades, Project No.14-2177 / CIP No. 50812.B.
14) PW121316-11 – Approve a request by Lazy P6 Land Company, Inc. for authorization to prepare an H-Lot located in the Unit 1 of Southgate Commercial Condominiums #2, in the NE1/4 of the SE1/4, Section 24, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota and to authorize acceptance of the deed.
15) PW121316-12 – Approve Corrected funding for Bid Award Recommendation for Project No.15-2303.
16) PW121316-13 – Approve Correction to the funding page of Change Order #1 to Highmark Inc. for Dyess Avenue Reconstruction, Project No. 12-2032 / CIP No. 50934 for a decrease of $.01.
17) PW121316-17 – Approve Funding Recommendation for Traffic Signal at Intersection of Elk Vale Road and East Minnesota Street.
Solid Waste Division
18) PW121316-14 – Approve Contract Renewal with Rehrig Pacific Company for 65 & 95 Gallon Automated Garbage Collection Containers for one year. Price per container- 65 gallon: $48.05 each & 95 gallon: $55.90 each.
19) PW121316-15 – Approve Contract Renewal with Rehrig Pacific Company for 35 Gallon Automated Garbage Collection Containers for one year. Price per container- 35 gallon: $43.10 each.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Item 20
Public Comment opened – Item 20
Public Comment closed
COMMUNITY PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES DEPARTMENT
20) 16VE024 - I-90 Heartland Business Park - Appeal of staff’s decision on a request by By-Pass Development LLC to consider an application for a Vacation of Easement for property generally described as being located in the southwest corner of the intersection of North Elk Vale Drive and Seger Drive.