AGENDA FOR THE PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
12:30 P.M., Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 12
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 12
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve Minutes of September 27, 2016.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Approve Change Order
2) PW101116-01 – Change Order #1 to Complete Contracting Solutions for Street Maintenance Administrative Improvements, Project No. 16-2320 / CIP No. 51109 for an increase of $5,677.00.
3) PW101116-02 – Change Order #1F to Dakota Barricade, LLC for 2016 Lane Line Painting, Project No. 15-2334 / CIP No. 50594 for an increase of $2,279.31.
4) PW101116-03 – Change Order #2F to Mainline Contracting for Countryside Subdivision Water System Conversion, Project No. 15-2257 / CIP No. 51086 for a decrease of $24,786.30.
5) PW101116-04 – Change Order #1F to Hills Materials Inc. for Pavement Rehabilitation E. Meade Street, Project No. 15-2302 / CIP No. 50844 for an increase of $7,743.23.
6) PW101116-05 – Change Order #1F to Complete Concrete, Inc. for East Anamosa Street Pedestrian Crossing Project No. 13-2125 / CIP No. 50946 for a decrease of $11,942.00.
7) PW101116-06 – Change Order #3F to Mainline Contracting, Inc. for 5th & Catron Blvd Traffic Signal and Utility Improvements, Project No. 13-2143 / CIP No. 51020 for a decrease of $36,685.77.
Authorize Staff To Advertise For Bids
8) PW101116-07 – Oak Avenue Water Main Reconstruction, Project No. 16-2351 / CIP No. 51144. Estimated Cost $120,000.00.
Authorize Mayor And Finance Officer to Sign
9) PW101116-08 – Resolution No. 2016-075 a Construction Fee Resolution for Dyess Avenue Oversize Sanitary Sewer Main.
10) PW101116-09 – Approve Request from Holiday Station Stores, Inc. for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 along Elk Vale Road, Rapid City.
11) PW101116-10 – Authorize Staff to Purchase Meltdown Apex from Envirotech using the General Services Administration (GSA) Contract Pricing of $1.44 per gallon for product and shipping.
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
12) PW101116-11 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a Lease Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and TKRS Properties, LLC relative to construction of fence behind Time Square Plaza.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR