RAPID CITY HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION
Wednesday, February 26, 2020 / 8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
Community Planning Conference Room
City/School Administration Complex
300 Sixth Street
Committee members are reminded that members are subject to SDCL 3-23 (Disclosure Laws) which address the disclosure of any conflicts of interest a member may have regarding direct benefit from any item for the committee’s consideration. Members should report any potential conflicts to the committee chair.
Call To Order
General Public Comments
Approval of Meeting Agenda
3. Continue planning the 2020 CLG Conference
11.1 Reviews: September 10, 2019 – December 4, 2019
1) 1000 West Boulevard is a contributing structure in the West Boulevard Historic District. A permit was requested to remove the non-contributing car port and construct a one stall garage that is 13’ x 20’. The siding will be narrow lap siding, similar to the home. City and SHPO determined no adverse effect 1/7/2020. 20RS001/CIHR20-0001
2) 412 5th Street is a contributing structure in the Downtown Commercial District. A permit as requested to make storefront alterations including:
1. Remove the non-original canopies and replacing them steel canopies that have tie
rods back to the building and wood accents in trellis style on the underside
2. Add four new goose neck light fixtures
3. Paint existing stucco a dark grey color.
City and SHPO determined no adverse effect on 2/6/2020. 20CM001/CIHR20-0002
3) 808 Saint Joseph Street is a contributing structure in the Downtown Historic District. A stop work order was issued when windows in the structure were being replaced without a building permit. The windows being replaced were non-historic infill windows. The replacements utilize a vertical muntin to reference the windows on the building as shown in historic photographs. Given that the replaced windows were not historic to the structure, it is not anticipated that the contributing status of the property will be comprised. The contactors were charged a double fee for the project. 1/13/2020. 20CM002/CIHR20-0004
4) 826 Quincy is a contributing structure in the West Boulevard Historic District. I a building permit was requested to place 14 windows sashes with inserts of the same material, size, design, and color. Documentation of the condition necessitating replacement was provided. City and SHPO determined no adverse effect on 1/17/2020. 20RS002/CIHR20-0005
5) 1021 Fulton Street is a contributing structure in the West Boulevard Historic District. A permit was requested to replace 8 historic wood double hung windows with new matching wood windows. The applicant originally applied in 2018 and then withdrew the application to have the windows rehabilitated instead. Their contractor is no longer available so they are back to the replacement plan. City and SHPO determined no adverse effect on 1/24/2020 18RS019/CIHR18-0043.
Approval of Minutes
4. Approval of the December 11, 2019 meeting minutes