City of Rapid City, South Dakota
12:30PM Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Call to Order
At this meeting, we anticipate that a quorum will be present, and issues requiring official action will be considered and discussed, but there will be no official action or voting at this meeting.
Informational Session On Western Dakota Missouri River Development, Banner Associates
DISCUSSION ITEMS (Council Non-Consent Calendar) Item 1
1) WS061621-01: Appeal of abatement late fee
REGULAR BUSINESS ITEMS (Council Consent Calendar) Items 2-21
2) WS061621-02: Authorize the Police and Fire Department to apply for and accept the Bureau of Justice Assistance Fiscal Year 2022 (BJA FY 22) grant if awarded.
3) WS061621-03: Approval to apply for the DOJ Community Oriented Policing Cops Hiring Program, and accept if awarded.
4) WS061621-04: Approval to apply for DOJ Crime Gun Intelligence Center Grant, and accept if awarded.
5) WS061621-05: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign the Rapid City Area School District School Resource Officer Program Agreement.
PARKS AND RECREATIONS
6) WS061621-06: Authorize Staff to Advertise for Mt Calvary Infrastructure Additions, Project PR20-6179 for $195,000.
7) WS061621-07: Approve Resolution No. 2021-062 a Resolution of Intent to Enter into a Lease with Rapid City Girls Junior Olympics (RCGJO) ASA Softball for property located at 4415 Parkview Drive.
8) WS061621-08: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to Sign Resolution No. 2021-060, a Resolution to Enter into a Lease Agreement with Black Hills Lacrosse Association.
9) WS060221-49: Approve Resolution 2021-059, A Step Increase and COLA Adjustment for Non-Union Employees (This item was continued from the June 7, 2021 City Council Meeting.)
12) WS061621-11: Approve Change Order #2-Final for Fitzgerald Stadium Renovations Project No. 19-2508 CIP #51231 with MAC Construction for an increase of $27,360.19.
13) WS061621-12: Approve change order 1F Black River Inc. for Robbinsdale Drain Sediment Removal, Project #2594 for a decrease of $1,452.00.
14) WS061621-13: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to Sign Professional Service Agreement With Dakota Pump Inc (DPI) For Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) System Support Services Related To The Ongoing Maintenance And Enhancement Of Software, Hardware, And Communication Components, For An Amount Not To Exceed $50,000.
15) WS061621-14: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director To Sign Agreement Between The City Of Rapid City And Eastern Slope Land Corporation For Oversize Water Main Cost Reimbursement, not to exceed $25,061.59.
16) WS061621-15: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Engineering for Engineering Services for Trenchless Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation – Jackson Boulevard, Project No. 12-2075 / CIP No. 50818, in the amount of $48,460.00.
17) WS061621-16: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to sign Amendment No. 3 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Black & Veatch Corporation for Master Planning Professional Services for the Wastewater Utility System Master Plan Update / Model Recalibration, Project No 14-2192 / CIP 50819 for an extension of the contract through December 31, 2021.
18) WS061621-17: Authorize staff to advertise for bids Anamosa Street Water Main. Project #20-2541 CIP #51256. Estimated Cost $940,000.
19) WS061621-18: Authorize staff to advertise for the Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Creek Drive, Project No. 20-2627 / CIP 50844 for $620,000.
20) WS061621-19: Approve request and authorize staff to purchase (1) one new 2022 Ford F350 Super Cab 6.75’ box Pickup truck from McKie Ford with matching State Bid Contract #17343 pricing in the amount not to exceed budget of $45,000.00 for the Wastewater Collection Utility.
21) WS061621-20: Request by Crystal Philpot for a determination by the City Council that there are no feasible and prudent alternatives to the proposed project in a historic district located at 921 11th Street, and that the proposal contains planning to minimize harm to the historic property pursuant to SDCL1-19A-11.1 and RCMC 17.54.080
CITY ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
22) WS061621-23: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Retention Agreement with Nooney & Solay, LLP
REGULAR BUSINESS ITEMS (Council Non-Consent Calendar) Items 22-28
23) WS061621-21: Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 6456, An Ordinance to Amend and Adopt Provisions of the Rapid City Municipal Code Relating to Animals in Title 6
24) WS061621-22: Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance 6498 Regarding Supplemental Appropriation #4 for 2021.
25) WS060221-39: Second Reading and Approval of Ordinance No. 6497 an Ordinance Clarifying the Status and Legality of Medical Cannabis Establishments in City Limits Prior to the State’s Issuance of Rules Governing such Establishments by Amending Titles 5 and 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
26) WS060221-31: Second Reading and Approval of Ordinance No. 6380 an Ordinance Amending Chapter 15.04 of the Rapid City Municipal Code Regarding Buildings and Construction Administrative Procedures, Amending Chapter 15.08 Regarding Moving of Buildings, and Repealing Chapter 5.44 Regarding House Moving Businesses
27) WS060221-32: Second Reading and Approval of Ordinance No. 6488 an Ordinance to Adopt the 2020 Edition of the National Electrical Code and to Amend Local Provisions by Amending Chapter 15.16 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
28) WS060221-35: Second Reading and Approval of Ordinance No. 6382 an Ordinance Amending Sections of the Rapid City Municipal Code Relating Pertaining to the International Property Maintenance Code
29) WS060221-44: Second Reading and Approval Of Ordinance No. 6482 An Ordinance To Amend And Clarify Provisions Concerning Trenching Contractor’s Licenses By Amending Chapter 13.24 Of The Rapid City Municipal Code
Public Comment opened
Public Comment closed