WORK SESSION AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
12:30PM Wednesday, March 10, 2021
CALL TO ORDER
At this meeting, we anticipate that a quorum will be present, and issues requiring official action will be considered and discussed, but there will be no official action or voting at this meeting.
DISCUSSION ITEMS (Council Non-Consent Calendar)
1) WS031021-01: Introduction And First Reading Ordinance No. 6479 An Ordinance to Amend Provisions in Rapid City Municipal Code Chapter 2.40 to Authorize the Finance Officer to Perform the Duties of the Finance Director
2) WS031021-02: Introduction and Approval of Rapid Transit System (RTS) Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan.
3) WS031021-03: Approve Resolution No. 2021-021 A Resolution To Write Off Credit Balance Utility Billing Accounts For a Total Amount Of $2,077.46
4) WS031021-04: Approve Resolution No. 2021-022 A Resolution To Write Off Uncollectable Utility Billing Accounts For a Total Amount Of $470,465.64
REGULAR BUSINESS ITEMS (Council Consent Calendar)
5) WS031021-05: Approve Adding Midco Service to Fire Station 2
PARKS AND RECREATION
6) WS031021-06: Authorize Staff to Advertise for Roosevelt Pool Refinishing, Project PR21-6182 for $125,000.00.
7) Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Worker’s Compensation Purposes: RSVP Volunteers – Brandon Bennett; Ray Block; Bradley “Jake” Gigliotti; Rose Goodro; Dennis Learned; Lori Learned; Michael Reimer
8) WS031021-07: Approve FY2021 Rapid City Arts Council Funding Recommendations for Community Investments (Arts & Humanities)
9) WS031021-08: Acknowledge January 2021 General Fund Cash Balance Report
10) WS031021-09: Approve Resolution No. 2021-0020 A Resolution Amending Resolution 2021-008 Relating to Gross Receipts Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 2021; Authorizing the Sale by Private Placement
11) WS031021-10: Resolution No. 2021-011 – Resolution Levying Assessment for Abatement of Nuisances
12) WS031021-11: Resolution 2021-017: Resolution Declaring Miscellaneous Personal Property Surplus to be surplus.
13) WS031021-12: Authorize Staff to Purchase a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee from Liberty Chrysler Center in the amount of $26,336 off of state contract #17345.
14) WS031021-13: Resolution No 2021-018 Repealing Utility Construction Fees for Nonconforming Services Lines by Repealing Resolutions Nos. 2010-106, 2010-164, 2011-001, 2012-132, 2013-031, 2014-086, and 2014-087.
15) WS031021-14: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to sign Reservoir Tender Salary Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Richard Arnaiz.
16) WS031021-15: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Amendment No. 3 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Black & Veatch Corporation for Master Planning Professional Services for the Water Utility System Master Plan Update / Model Recalibration, Project No 14-2141 / CIP 50817, for the Feasibility Study for Tax Increment District #84 Booster Pump Station.
17) WS031021-16: Approve and Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to sign Amendment Number 1 with Dakota Pump Inc. (DPI) for the addition of time delays for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Professional Services and Equipment Installation for the Northridge Booster Pump Station and Stoney Creek Booster Pump Station Improvements Project No. 14-2178/CIP 50812.CD, in the amount of $1,476.00.
18) WS031021-17: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to sign Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and By-Pass Development, LLC for Temporary Construction Easements and Permanent Sanitary Sewer Main Easements for the Elk Vale Lift Station Gravity Main and Force Main Project, Project No. 18-2480 / CIP No. 50729, in the amount of $136,160.00.
19) WS031021-18: Authorize Staff to Advertise Bids for Elk Vale Lift Station Gravity Main & Force Main Upgrades, Project No. 18-2480 / CIP No. 50729. Estimated Cost $7,000,000.00.
20) WS031021-19: Authorize Staff to Advertise Bids for Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Cleveland & Oakland, Project No. 20-2622 / CIP No. 50549. Estimated Cost $350,000.00.
21) WS031021-20: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid and Skyline Engineering, LLC for Design and Bidding for Downtown Lighting Phase 4, Project No. 21-2637 / CIP No. 51228, in the amount of $100,297.00.
22) WS031021-35: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Engineering, Inc. for RC Landfill Cell #18 Debris Fencing & Phase 2 Berm, Project No. 21-2641 / CIP 51202.1. In the amount of $95,675.50
23) WS031021-21: Resolution No. 2021-019 A Resolution Supporting A Solid Waste Management Grant For Cell 18 Berm Improvements And Litter Control Netting Atop Of Proposed Berm
24) WS031021-22: Authorize Staff to seek proposals for engineering services for the Springbrook Acres Water Main and PRV Abandonment, Project Number 21-2643/CIP Number 51262
25) WS031021-23: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to sign amendment #1 to the Professional Services Agreement with HDR Engineering, Inc. for the Emergency Response Plan (ERP) component of the Water Risk and Resilience Assessment; Project No. 20-2575; CIP No. 51269. Estimated Cost: $42,390.00
26) WS031021-24: Approve updated request to purchase one (1) New 2021 Ford F150 Super cab, 4X4, pickup truck through the Sourcewell Cooperative Contract #120716-NAF with National Auto Fleet Group in the amount of $29,961.24.
27) WS031021-25: Authorize staff to purchase two (2) new desks from Evergreen Office products on state contract pricing Contract # 16773 3 IFB 22 for a total of $3,353.60
28) WS031021-27: Authorized the Mayor and Finance Director to sign the FY20 CDBG-CV3 Community Development Block Grant Contract for Wellspring, Inc.
29) WS031021-28: Approval of Preliminary FY21 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Annual Action Plan
30) WS031021-29: Authorized the Mayor and Finance Director to sign the FY20 CDBG-CV3 Community Development Block Grant Contract for Youth and Family Services, Inc
31) WS031021-36: Final Approval of FY20 Annual Action Plan Second Substantial Amendment
CITY ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
32) WS031021-30: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Developer Agreement for TID 84
33) WS031021-34: Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Assignment Agreement with Black Hills Community Bank and Yasmeen Dream, LLC for Tax Increment District 84
34) WS031021-31: Confirm the reappointments of Bob Brandt and Michele Seaman to the Building Board of Appeals.
35) WS031021-32: Confirm the appointments of Kayla Pritchard, Micah Lande, and Vicki Cortez to the MARC Board, also known as the Journey Museum Board of Directors.
36) WS031021-33: Confirm the appointments of Jessica Ries and Keryn Rowland to the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board.
REGULAR BUSINESS ITEMS (Council Non-Consent Calendar)
37) WS031021-26: Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance 6478 Regarding Supplemental Appropriation #1 for 2021.
38) 21OA001: Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 6475 an Ordinance to Create a Platting Process to Facilitate the Transfer of Certain Unplatted Property by Adding Section 16.08.105 to the Rapid City Municipal Code
39) 21OA002: Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 6476 an Ordinance to Require Platted Lots in the Medium and High Density Residential Districts Abut a Public Street for a Distance of Not Less than 25 Feet by Amending Subsection 17.12.050E. of the Rapid City Municipal Code
Public Comment opened
Public Comment closed