AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Tuesday, January 19, 2021
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. Citizen Certificate of Recognition Presented by Mayor Allender
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT (3-minute time limit per speaker)
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
pdf Online Public Comment submitted by noon on 1/19/21 (361 KB)
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 2 – 29
Open Public Comment – Items 2 – 27 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 2 – 27
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
2. Approve Minutes for the pdf January 4, 2021 (189 KB) Regular Council meeting.
Vacations of Right-Of-Way Set for Hearing (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (February 1, 2021)
3. Naja Shrine Temple for a SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale Dealer License for an event scheduled for March 20, 2021 at the Rapid City Shrine Center, 4091 Sturgis Road
4. Last Mile Brewery LLC, 635 Creek Drive, Unit C, DBA Last Mile Brewery, for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine License
5. Nancy Nguyen, 4210 Kateland St #104, DBA 705 Mountain View Suite F, for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine License
Working Session Consent Items
6. WS011321-01: Authorize Purchase of two (2) 2021 RAM 2500 Crew Cab, 4X4, 6.4L V8 Trucks from Liberty Superstores with matching State Bid Pricing in the Amount of $31,279.00 each for a total price of $62,558.00.
7. WS011321-12: Approve Purchase of Rosenbauer Aerial Fire Apparatus through Source Well (Former NJPA) in the amount of $999,257.00.
8. WS011321-09: Confirm the reappointment of Michael Calabrese and the new appointment of Roger Heacock to the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board.
9. WS011321-10: Confirm the reappointment of Kyle Blada to the Historic Sign Review Committee.
10. Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Worker’s Compensation Purposes: RSVP - Judith Berry, Rosalee Johnson, Jane Moore, Rita Schwartz, Kathryn Tribby
11. WS011321-02: Resolution No. 2021-003 Establishing 2021 Encumbrances
12. WS011321-15: Resolution No. 2021-002 – Resolution Levying Assessment for Abatement of Nuisances
13. WS011321-16: Resolution 2021-004 - Resolution Declaring Miscellaneous Personal Property Surplus to be traded.
14. WS011321-03: Request Transfer of Tax Deed Property from Pennington County to the City of Rapid City and Authorize Public Works Director to Accept and Record Deed When Transferred.
15. WS011321-04: Authorize Staff to Advertise Bids for Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Rand Road, Project No. 20-2618 / CIP No. 50798. Estimated Cost $340,000
16. WS011321-05: Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for WRF Aeration Basin Clariflocculator and Siphon Piping Construction, Project Number 2629 /CIP Number 51129
17. WS011321-11: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to sign an agreement between The City of Rapid City and AET for Annual Contract Renewal Work Plan for Sampling, analysis, and Reporting Related to 2021 Environmental Monitoring of the Rapid City Landfill for a total cost of $116,715.50
18. WS011321-13: Request to purchase 2020 M4HSD mechanical sweeper through Sourcewell, Global Environmental, Transource Contract #122017-GEP In the amount of $261,606.00
19. WS011321-14: Approve Request from Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers, INC. for a variance to waive the requirement to install sidewalk along Nemo Road, Bittersweet Road, and undeveloped section line ROW, Rapid City, per City Ordinance 12.08.060.
CIP Committee Consent Items (NONE)
Community Development Consent Items
20. WS011321-06: Approve the Preliminary Recommendations of FY20 CDBG-CV3 funds
21. WS011321-07: Authorize the Mayor and Finance Director to sign the FY20 CDBG-CV Grant Funding Agreement
22. WS011321-08: Authorize the Mayor and Finance Director to sign the amended Community Development Block Grant FY20 SF-424
23. 20TP043: Authorize the Mayor and Finance Director to sign the Professional Services Agreement with Fugro USA Land, Inc. for Digital GIS Base Map Development Services in an amount not to exceed $60,979.19
24. 21TP001: Authorize staff to advertise the Request for Proposals for the Cambell Street Structure Replacement and Multi-modal Routing Study
Bid Award Consent Items
25. CC011921-04.1 - Approve award of total bid for Abandon Omaha Trunk Sewer – 1st Street to Maple Avenue, Project No. 20-2610 / CIP No. 51307 opened on January 12, 2021 to the lowest responsible bidder, Mainline Contracting, Inc. in the amount of $118,767.60.
26. pdf CC011921-04.2 (214 KB) – Staff recommends continuing the bid award of one (1) new current model year tandem axle dump truck with anti-icing system & valved for future plow for the Street Division to the February 1, 2021 council meeting.
27. pdf CC011921-04.3 (214 KB) – Staff recommends continuing the bid award of one (1) new current model year single axle 4x4 sander truck with pre-wet system and v-plow for the Street Division to the February 1, 2021 council meeting.
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 28 & 29
Open Public Comment – Items 28 & 29 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
Working Session Committee Items (NONE)
CIP Committee Items (NONE)
Community Development Items
28. No. 20PL090 - A request by Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers, Inc for Caekaert Construction, LLC for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Lot 18A and Lot 18B of Block 1 of Gemstone Subdivision, generally described as being at located 524 and 526 Topaz Lane.
Recommendation: Approve with Stipulations
29. No. 20PL101 - A request by D.C. Scott Co. Land Surveyors for Lorin and Debra Lippert for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Tract A and Tract B of Lippert Addition, generally described as being located at 14830 Long View Road.
Recommendation: Approve with Stipulations
Bid Awards (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications (NONE)
Mayor’s Items (NONE)
Council Items & Liaison Reports (NONE)
Motion for Delivery of Items from Committee
Planning Commission Appeals
Sign Code Appeals
Other Appeals Heard by the Council
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 30 – 32
Open Public Hearing (comment) - Items 30 – 32 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
[Public Hearing Remains Open]
Close Public Hearing (comment) - Items 30 – 32
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 30 and 31
Remove Items from the “Consent Public Hearing Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Development Items (NONE)
30. Happy Family Co., 908 South St, DBA Bokujo Ramen, 516 Mt. Rushmore Rd, for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine license and a Retail (on-off sale) Wine and Cider license
Assessment Rolls (NONE)
Other Items Requiring Public Hearings
31. pdf CC011921-02 (1.33 MB) - Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to Sign the Agreement to Enter into a Lease for a portion of office space located at 333 Sixth Street with Jefferson Partners L.P.
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Item 32
32. 20TI006 – Approve Resolution No. 2020-090 to Approve a Project Plan for Property Generally Described as Being Located East of North Street, North of SD Highway 44, West of Elk Vale and South of Eglin Street.
Recommendation: This item was continued from the January 4, 2021 Council Meeting.
33. No. CC011921-01 – Bill List for January 19, 2021