AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Monday, December 21, 2020
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. Presentation by Annie Lloyd from the Recovering Communities of SD Coalition
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT (3-minute time limit per speaker)
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
pdf General Public Comment submitted online (266 KB)
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 2 – 38
Open Public Comment – Items 2 – 36 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 2 – 36
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
2. Approve Minutes for the December 7, 2020 Regular Council meeting.
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (January 4, 2021) – (NONE)
Tax Increment District Set for Hearing (January 4, 2021)
3. No. 20TI006 - A request by Dream Design International, Inc. for Yasmeen Dream, LLC for a Resolution to Create TID and Approve a Project Plan for the E Anamosa Street Water Extension for property generally described as being located east of E North Street, north of SD Highway 44, west of Elk Vale and south of Eglin Street.
Working Session Consent Items
4. WS121620-02: Confirm the reappointment of James Emmert and the new appointment of Emily Tupa to the Rapid City Public Library Board of Trustees.
5. WS121620-03: Confirm the reappointments of Stacie Hull and Logan Steffens and the new appointment of Mark Aftanski to the Hotel BID Board.
6. WS121620-04: Confirm the appointments to the newly formed Human Relations Commission in partnership with Mniluzahan Okolakiciyapi Ambassadors.
7. WS121620-05: Approve Resolution No. 2020-6455 Authorizing Salary Adjustments for Non-Union Benefitted Employees in 2021.
8. WS121620-06: Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement between the Local 1031, Council 65, American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees AFL-CIO and the City of Rapid City for the Period of January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2022.
9. WS121620-07: Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement between the Fraternal Order of Police, South Dakota Lodge #2A, and the City of Rapid City for the Period of January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
10. Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Worker’s Compensation Purposes: Judith Berry (RSVP+), Rosalee Johnson (RSVP+), Lois Meyer (RSVP+), Curt Sandstrom (RSVP+), Bill Nachatilo (RSVP+).
11. WS121620-08: Approve Request for Property Tax Abatements as Follows: Angel Gerald, 2019, $62.02; [Total for all Rapid City: $62.02]
12. WS121620-09: Approve Resolution No. 2020-093 a Resolution Levying Assessment for Abatement of Nuisances.
13. WS121620-10: Approve Resolution No. 2020-094 A Resolution Authorizing and Directing the Issuance and Sale of Wastewater Revenue Bonds, Series 2021, to Pay the Cost of Improvements to the Municipal Wastewater Treatment Utility and Defining the Terms and Manner of Payment of the Bonds and the Security Therefor
14. WS121620-11: Approve Resolution No. 2020-095 A Resolution Relating to Rate Schedules for the City’s Wastewater Utility to Provide for Surcharge
15. WS121620-12: Approve Resolution 2020-096 a Resolution Declaring Miscellaneous Personal Property Surplus to be sold.
16. WS121620-13: Acknowledge October 2020 Sales Tax Report
17. WS121620-14: Acknowledge November 2020 General Fund Cash Balance Report
18. WS121620-15: Approve change order 2F to Underground Construction, LLC. for Woodlawn and Downing St. Sanitary Sewer Replacement Project, Project #2285/CIP 50623 for an increase of $92,925.61.
19. WS121620-16: Approve change order 1 to GTI Companies, Inc. for Pavement Rehabilitation Project Summerset Area, Project #2478 for an increase of $3,007.92.
20. WS121620-17: Approve change order 1F to Tru-Form Construction, Inc.. for 2020 MIPS Project, Project #2559 for a decrease of $1,718.70
21. WS121620-18: Approve change order 1F to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for Gill Ave Sewer Reconstruction Project, Project #2584 for a decrease of $35,971.64.
22. WS121620-19: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to Sign Resolution No. 2020-097 Construction Fee Resolution for North Valley Park Subdivision Sewer - Frontage Fee, Project No. DEV1399
23. WS121620-20: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to Approve License Agreement with the United State of America Department of Energy Western Area Power Administration (License No. UGP-LI-2020-21HU)
24. WS121620-21: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to enter into an agreement with Black Hills Power for the relocation of four light poles associated with the 12th Street Reconstruction Project No. 19-2499 / CIP No. 50927, in the amount of $7,813.66
25. WS121620-22: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to Sign Professional Services Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for 12th Street Reconstruction – West Main Street to Fulton Street, Project No.19-2499 / CIP No. 50927, for an Amount not to Exceed $364,040.00
26. WS121620-23: Authorize Staff to Advertise Bids for 12th Street Reconstruction Project – West Main St. to Fulton St., Project No. 20-2499 / CIP No. 50927. Estimated Cost $5,250,000
27. WS121620-24: Authorize staff to purchase two (2) conference tables from Evergreen Office Solutions on State Contract # 16773 3 IFB 222 in the amount of $3,026.96 to furnish new conference space created during recent renovation of City Hall.
28. WS121620-25: Authorize the Director of Public Works or his designee to apply for, and if awarded to accept, Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) grant funding for advertising of the upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Event in spring of 2021
29. WS121620-26: Approve Request from Black Hills Blends for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 along E. Saint Francis Street for the property located at 907 E. Saint Patrick Street.
30. WS121620-27: Approve Request from Fisk Engineering for a variance to waive the requirement to install sidewalk along Catron Boulevard along the frontage of 2260 Promise Road in Rapid City, per City Ordinance 12.08.060.
31. WS121620-28: Approve Request from Joe and Shelby Keeton for a Variance to waive the requirement to install sidewalk along Pine Tree Drive, Rapid City, per City Ordinance 12.08.060
32. WS121620-29: Approve Request from Tim Giggee for a variance to waive the requirement to install sidewalk along Skyview Drive, Rapid City, per City Ordinance 12.08.060.
33. WS121620-30: Authorize Mayor and finance Director to Sign and Accept the Supplemental Project Safe Neighborhood Grant Funding
34. WS121620-31: Approve Request for Authorization for Staff to Seek Proposals for Professional Services for Dinosaur Park Accessibility Improvements – Project No. PR21-6180
35. WS121620-32: Approve the Final FY2021 Community Development Block Grant Funding Recommendations
Community Development Consent Items (NONE)
Bid Award Consent Items
36. CC122120-04.1 - Approve award of total bid for Downtown Lighting Phase 2, Project No. 20-2613 / CIP No. 51228 opened on December 15, 2020 to the lowest responsible bidder, Muth Electric, Inc. in the amount of $965,528.00.
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 37 – 38
Open Public Comment – Items 37 – 38 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
37. WS121620-01: First Reading of Ordinance No. 6452 Regarding Supplemental Appropriation #8 for 2020
Staff Recommendation: APPROVE
38. 20OA006: First Reading of Ordinance 6435 - An Ordinance Amendment to Amend Chapter 17.18 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
Staff Recommendation: APPROVE
Working Session Committee Items (NONE)
Community Development Items (NONE)
Bid Awards (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications (NONE)
Mayor’s Items (NONE)
Planning Commission Appeals
Sign Code Appeals
Other Appeals Heard by the Council
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 39 – 43
Open Public Hearing (comment) - Items 39 - 43
[Public Hearing Remains Open]
Close Public Hearing (comment) – Items 39 - 43
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 39 – 40
Remove Items from the “Consent Public Hearing Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Development Items (NONE)
39. Victoria’s Garden LLC DBA Victoria’s Garden, 320 7th Street for a retail (on-off sale) Wine and Cider License
40. DNJ LLC DBA Maple Street BBQ, 2200 N Maple Suite 330 for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine license TRANSFER from DNJ LLC DBA Dickey’s BBQ, 2200 N Maple Ave Unit 330
Assessment Rolls (NONE)
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 41 – 43
41. No. 20RZ037 - Second Reading, Ordinance 6450, an Ordinance Amending Section 17.06 of Chapter 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code, a request by Tony Marshall for Table Rock Inc. for a Rezoning request from Low Density Residential District II to Medium Density Residential District for property generally described as being located at 2829, 2833, 2837, 2841 and 2845 Horizon Point.
42. No. 20RZ038 - Second Reading, Ordinance 6451, an Ordinance Amending Section 17.06 of Chapter 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code, a request by Ferber Engineering Company for B2 Holdings for a Rezoning request from Planned Unit Development to General Commercial District for property generally described as being located at 2233 and 2341 N. Elk Vale Road.
43. No. 20VR004 - Approve Resolution 2020-087 - A request by Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers, Inc. for Rapid City Club for Boys for a Vacation of Right-of-Way for property generally described as being located at 320 North 4th Street.
44. No. CC122120-01 – Bill List for December 21, 2020