AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Monday, October 19, 2020
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. Sustainability Committee award presentation to the Black Hills Farmers Market
2. Annual Update & Presentation from the Sustainability Committee
3. Veteran Banner Project Update / Video – Bill Casper
4. Municipal League Elected Officials Workshop Update – Darla Drew and Pat Jones
5. 2020 Bridge Re-Inspections (20-2576/CIP 50630) – Brosz Engineering on behalf of the FHA and SDDOT
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT (3-minute time limit per speaker)
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 6 – 35
Open Public Comment – Items 6 – 30 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 6 – 30
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
6. Approve Minutes for the pdf October 5, 2020 (163 KB) Regular Council meeting.
Vacations of Right-Of-Way Set for Hearing (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (November 2, 2020)
7. Dominique Clucas, DBA Black Hills Barbershop, 516 Sixth Street, for a new Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine license
Public Works Committee Consent Items
8. PW101320-01: Authorize the Mayor and Finance Director to sign an agreement between the City of Rapid City and SSST, LLC for Construction of Public Sewer and Oversize Sewer Main Cost Reimbursement, not to exceed $72,784.00.
9. PW101320-02: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to Sign Amendment No. 1 to Professional Services Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Longbranch Civil Engineering, Inc. for Regency Court Storm Sewer Improvements, Project No. 2599/ CIP No. 51301, for a total Contract Amount not to Exceed $80,842.40.
10. PW101320-03: Authorize Public Works Director to Accept and Record Deed for Transfer of Floodway Property from the Estate of Carl Schuler, Jr. to the City of Rapid City, With a Purchase Price of $11,500.
11. PW101320-04: Authorize Staff to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for St. Patrick St. Reconstruction – Mt. Rushmore Rd. to 5th St., Project No. 20-2582 / CIP No. 51126
12. PW101320-05: Authorize Staff To Purchase Additional And Replacement Office Furniture From Evergreen Office Solutions, Pricing From State Contract # 16773 3 IFB 222 In The Amount Of $11,968.84.
13. PW101320-06: Authorize Staff To Purchase Additional And Replacement Office Furniture From Evergreen Office Solutions, Pricing From State Contract # 16773 3 IFB 222 In The Amount Of $7,847.84
14. PW101320-07: Authorize Staff To Advertise For Bids For The Purchase Of Two (2) Dial-A-Ride Vehicles. Estimated Cost $200,000.
15. PW101320-08: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director To Sign Contract Amendment 4 To TripSpark Software License And Maintenance Agreement. To Add Mapping Capabilities to the Scope of The Agreement, With An Increased Cost of $8.100.
16. PW101320-09: Approve Extending Contract Bid To The Following Contractors For The Parking Lot Contracts For The 2020-2021 Snow Season: G.J. Holsworth Lots 6-2 and 9, and JMD Excavating Lots 4, 5, 7, 8 and West Boulevard Lot.
17. PW101320-10: Approve Extending Contract Bid To The Following Contractors For The Operated Equipment Rental For Street Snow Removal Contract For The 2020-2021 Snow Season: Mainline Contracting, Simon, Lind-Exco, Beka Corporation, Site Works Specialists and JMD Excavating.
18. PW101320-11: Authorize Staff To Purchase One (1) New Tier 4 Diesel Pneumatic Tire Lift Truck Model DP70N1Pricing From Sourcewell Contract # 101816-MCF with RAKA In The Amount Of $81,383.60.
19. PW101320-12: Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to sign an agreement between the City of Rapid City and AET for detailed Landfill Gas Analysis services for a total cost of $1,200.
20. PW101320-13: Authorize Purchase of Garbage and Recycling Containers From Rehrig Pacific Company through Omnia Partners Cooperative Contract #00254, In The Amount Of $69,543.80
21. PW101320-14: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Mountain States Security for Parks and Cemetery Security Services.
Legal & Finance Committee Consent Items
22. LF101420-07 – Confirm the Appointments of Val Simpson and Chris Huber to the Community Investment Committee
23. Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Worker’s Compensation Purposes: Marcia Aiken (RSVP+), Richard Mayforth (RSVP+), Alwyn Thoreson (RSVP+), John McManigal (Police Department), Darlene Swartz (RSVP+), Joyce Yale (Library), Carol Coburn (RSVP+), Barry Sullivan (RSVP+), Harold Haivala (RSVP+), Mary Wendt (RSVP+), Marna Bergstrom (RSVP+), Teresa Hill (RSVP+), Myrna Schamber (RSVP+)
24. LF101420-01 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to Sign Engagement Letter with Addendum with Ketel Thorstenson, LLP for the FY2020 Audit.
25. LF101420-05 – Approve Resolution No. 2020-077 a Resolution Levying Assessment for Abatement of Nuisances
26. LF101420-06 – Acknowledge August 2020 Sales Tax Report.
27. LF101420-02 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Director to Sign Contract and Statement for Work for Professional Services Between Binary Tree and the City of Rapid City and Authorize Staff to Purchase Required Software Licenses from Binary Tree and Software House International (SHI).
28. LF101420-10 – Approve Resolution No. 2020-081 A Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director of the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center to Enter into contracts for the Acquisition of Furniture, fixtures, and Equipment for the Arena Expansion Project Consistent with the Amounts Already Budgeted from the City’s Vision Fund.
CIP Committee Consent Items (NONE)
Community Development Consent Items
29. LF101420-04 – Approve the Preliminary Recommendations for the FY20 Community Development Block Grant CV Funding
30. 20TI004 – Authorize the Mayor and Finance Director to Sign Agreement between the City of Rapid City, Rapid Valley Sanitary District and Yasmeen Dream LLC, for Construction, Operation and Maintenance of Orchard Meadows Lift Station (TID 82)
Bid Award Consent Items (NONE)
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 31 – 35
Open Public Comment – Items 31 – 35 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
31. LF101420-03 – Approve First Reading of Ordinance No. 6446 Regarding Supplemental Appropriation 7 for 2020.
32. LF101420-08 – Approve First Reading of Ordinance No. 6448 an Ordinance to Amend Provisions Concerning Purchasing Procedures and Delegation of Purchasing Authority by Amending Sections in Chapter 3.04 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
Public Works Committee Items (NONE)
Legal & Finance Committee Items
33. LF101420-09 – Approve Resolution No. 2020-080 A Resolution Creating A Trial Program for Conduct of Official City Business by Combining the City’s Current Public Works and Legal and Finance Committee Meetings Into a Joint Council Working Session.
Recommendation: Approve 4-1 with Salamun voting no
34. CC101920-02 – Direction to staff on time, date, and location of first working session.
Recommendation: Council Leadership recommends Wednesdays prior to Council meetings at 12:30 p.m., beginning November 11, 2020.
CIP Committee Items (NONE)
Community Development Items
35. No. 20PL071 - A request by Davis Engineering, Inc for Murphy Brothers Partnership, LLC for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Lots 8, 9, 10 of Block 1 and Lot 1 Revised, Lot 2 Revised, Lot 3 Revised, Lot 4 Revised, Lot 5 Revised, Lot 6 Revised, Lot 7 Revised, Lot 8 Revised, Lot 9 Revised and Lot 10 Revised of Block 12 of Murphy Ranch Estates Subdivision, located in the NW1/4 of the NW1/4 of Section 14, T1N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, generally described as being located south of Longview Road and east of Reservoir Road.
Recommendation: Approve with Stipulations
Mayor’s Items (NONE)
Staff Items (NONE)
Planning Commission Appeals
Sign Code Appeals
Other Appeals Heard by the Council
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 36 – 40
Open Public Hearing (comment) - Items 36 –40 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
[Public Hearing Remains Open]
Close Public Hearing (comment) - Items 36 – 40
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 36 – 39
Remove Items from the “Consent Public Hearing Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Development Items (NONE)
36. Naja Shriners for a SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale Malt Beverage License for an event scheduled for November 7, 2020 at Black Hills Harley Davidson, 2820 Harley Drive
37. Bar K-9 LLC for a SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale Malt Beverage License for an event scheduled for October 23-24, 2020 at Rushmore Mall (Fenced off area), 2200 N Maple Ave
38. J.M. Kingsbury Family Brewing Co DBA Cohort Craft Brewery, 4905 5th Street, Suite 103 for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine license
39. Press Start, LLC, DBA Press Start, LLC, 504 Mt. Rushmore Road for a Retail (on-sale) Liquor License TRANSFER from KOL, LLC, DBA KOL, 504 Mt. Rushmore Road
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Item 40
40. 20TI005 – Approve Resolution No. 2020-071 and Resolution No. 2020-072 Resolutions to Create a TID and Approve a Project Plan for the Homestead Street Extension for Property Generally Described as Being Located at Homestead Street East of Elk Vale Road Between Timmons Boulevard and Missoula Street.
41. No. CC101920-01 – Bill List for October 19, 2020