AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Monday, August 3, 2020
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
1. Veteran Banner Project – Bill Casper
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT (3-minute time limit per speaker)
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 2 – 33
Open Public Comment – Items 2 – 25 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 2 – 25
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
2. Approve Minutes for the pdf July 20, 2020 (239 KB) Regular Council meeting.
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (August 17, 2020)
3. Dolcevita LLC DBA Sabatino’s Italian Ristorante, 617 Main Street, for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine License and a Retail (on-off sale) Wine and Cider license
4. Naja Shriners for a SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale Dealer License for an event scheduled for August 22, 2020 at Naja Shrine Center, 4091 Sturgis Road
5. Clarion Inn for a SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale Dealer License for an event scheduled for August 22, 2020 at Clarion Inn, 1902 N LaCrosse Street
6. Adelaide Inc. DBA Juniper, 405 Canal Street Suite 1300 for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine License
7. Lakota Dream Museum Inc. DBA DeCory’s Entertainment Company for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine License
Public Works Committee Consent Items
8. PW072820-01: Approve Change Order #1-F for Project No. 2494 / CIP No. 51226 Rapid City Public Library Air Handing Unit Replacement with Climate Controls System and Service for a decrease of $899.52.
9. PW072820-02: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Resolution No. 2020-063 Construction Fee Resolution for Highpointe Ranch Phase 2 Water Main Oversize - Per Acre Fee, Project No. DEV17-1384.
10. PW072820-03: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Amendment to the original Agreement between the City of Rapid and Longbranch Civil Engineering, Inc. for Professional Engineering Services for Robbinsdale Phase 6 Design, Project No. 19-2515, CIP No. 51232, in the amount of $10,800.00.
11. PW072820-04: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Engineering, Inc. for Professional Services for Final Design, Bidding, and Construction services for Rapid City Solid Waste - Lake Herman Outfall Improvements, Project No. 20-2589 / CIP No. 51289 in the amount of $79,930.00.
12. PW072820-07: Approve Request for purchase of one (1) New 2020 5500 Dodge Ram 4x4 Regular Cab Chassis from Liberty Super Store with price match from State Contract #17341 in the amount of $48,511.00.
13. PW072820-08: Approve Request for purchase of one (1) New 2020 5500 Dodge Ram 4x4 Regular Cab Chassis from Liberty Super Store with price matching from State Contract #17341 in the amount of $48,511.00
14. PW072820-05: Approve Change Order No. 2F to Corr Construction for Parks and Recreation Bridge Improvements Project No. PR18-2406 for a decrease of $2,618.50.
15. PW072820-06: Acknowledge Update and Report from the Historic Preservation Commission Regarding Current Projects and Activities
Legal & Finance Committee Consent Items
16. LF072920-03 – Confirm the Appointment of Rita Conklin to the Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Advisory Council
17. LF072920-06 – Authorize Staff to Apply for and Accept if Awarded the 2020 JAG Grant for an Amount of $88,762.00 to be Evenly Split Between RCPD and the Pennington County Sherriff’s Office to Replace Aging Radios
18. Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Worker’s Compensation Purposes: Sue Aker (RSVP+), Betty Goddard (RSVP+), Harlene Hill (RSVP+), Bernard Iszler (RSVP+), Laura Iszler (RSVP+), Candace Laursen (RSVP+), Maren McKelvie (RSVP+), Diana Metzger (RSVP+), Cleo Miller (RSVP+), Don Paklin (RSVP+), Mary Pavlicek (RSVP+), Robert Pavlicek (RSVP+), Jerelyn Riemer (RSVP+), Ralph Riemer (RSVP+), Robert Schneider (RSVP+), Kathleen Schneider (RSVP+), Ruth Ann Schwartz (RSVP+), Albert Setera (RSVP+), Laceta Setera (RSVP+), Richard Tinker (RSVP+), Romona Tinker (RSVP+), Sharon Thorman (RSVP+), Rena Boersma (RSVP+), Sandy Prante (RSVP+), Terry Prante (RSVP+), Sharon (Sherry) Scudder (RSVP+), Lori Lois Kunka (RSVP+)
19. LF072920-01 – Acknowledge Annual TID Report to Council
20. LF072920-02 – Acknowledge June 2020 General Fund Cash Balance Report
21. LF072920-07 – Acknowledge Report on Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage Licenses Eligible for Video Lottery
Community Development Consent Items
22. LF072920-04 – Approve Final FY19 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
23. LF072920-05 – Approve Preliminary FY20 Amendment to Resident Participation Plan
Bid Award Consent Items
24. CC080320-02.1 - Approve award of total bid for PETT Bldg Roof Replacement, Project No. 20-2597 / CIP No. 50098 opened on July 28, 2020 to the lowest responsible bidder, The Roofing & Construction Co. in the amount of $136,900.00.
25. CC080320-02.2 - Approve award of total bid for Gill Ave Sewer Reconstruction Project, Project No. 20-2584 / CIP No. 51294 opened on July 28, 2020 to the lowest responsible bidder, Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. in the amount of $317,063.00.
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 26 – 33
Open Public Comment – Items 26 – 33 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
26. LF071520-01 – Second Reading of Ordinance No. 6432 Regarding Supplemental Appropriation 4 for 2020.
27. LF071520-02 – Second Reading of Ordinance No. 6433 Regarding Supplemental Appropriation 5 for 2020.
28. 20OA005 – First Reading of Ordinance No. 6388 an Ordinance to Amend Provisions of the Rapid City Municipal Code Relating to the Storage and Parking of Certain Vehicles and Trailers
Public Works Committee Items
29. PW071420-14: Appeal by Jennifer Boerger of 2731 Country Club Drive of an Exception Request denial to allow two driveway approaches for a residential lot with less than 200 feet of frontage.
Planning Commission Recommendation: Deny
Public Works Recommendation: Send to Council without Recommendation
Legal & Finance Committee Items (NONE)
Community Development Items
30. No. 20PL046 - A request by Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers, Inc for Caekaert Construction, LLC for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Lots 6A and 6B of Block 29 of Gemstone Subdivision, generally described as being located at 507 and 509 Topaz Lane.
Recommendation: Approve with stipulations
31. No. 20PL048 - A request by Renner Associates, LLC for Tyler Schad for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Lots 1 thru 4 and 5A and 5B of Beckman Subdivision, generally described as being located north of the eastern terminus of Beckman Drive.
Recommendation: Approve with stipulations
Other Board, Commission & Committee Items (NONE)
Bid Awards (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications (NONE)
32. CC080320-03 - Presentation - Human Relations Commission Task Force
Council Items & Liaison Reports
33. pdf CC080320-04 (281 KB) - Report on RSVP+ – Ritchie Nordstrom
Staff Items (NONE)
Planning Commission Appeals
Sign Code Appeals
Other Appeals Heard by the Council
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – 34 – 36
Open Public Hearing (comment) - Items 34 – 36 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
[Public Hearing Remains Open]
Close Public Hearing (comment) - Items 34 –36
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 34 – 36
Remove Items from the “Consent Public Hearing Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Development Items (NONE)
34. Great Western Corral, LLC DBA Golden Corral, 1180 North LaCrosse Street, for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine License and a Retail (on-off sale) Wine and Cider license
35. Fleet Farm Group LLC DBA Fleet Farm Fuel, 1115 East Mall Drive, for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine License and a Retail (on-off sale) Wine and Cider license
36. Fleet Farm Group LLC DBA Fleet Farm, 1001 East Mall Drive, for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine License and a Retail (on-off sale) Wine and Cider license
Assessment Rolls (NONE)
Other Items Requiring Public Hearings (NONE)
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – (NONE)
37. No. CC080320-01 – Bill List for August 3, 2020