SPECIAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
1:30 P.M., Tuesday, March 10, 2020
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS - Item 1
1. No. CC031020-01 – Public Hearing on Code of Conduct Complaint Against Alderwoman Lisa Modrick. The proposed procedure (Can be amended based on motion of the Council) for the hearing will be:
a) Listen to Audio Recordings.
1) Play recording of Alderman Modrick’s statement to the Mayor
Short break between recordings.
2) Play recording of the conversation between Alderman Modrick and Darren Haar.
b) Adoption of procedure & preliminary statement on process.
c) Statement from Darren Haar and/or his attorney about his complaint.
d) Presentation from City Attorney on the complaint.
e) Presentation from Lisa Modrick and/or her attorney in response to the complaint and the presentations of Mr. Haar and the City Attorney.
f) Limited rebuttal by Mr. Haar and/or the City Attorney based on Alderman Modrick’s presentation.
g) Public Comment – Limited to 3 minutes per speaker (Can be adjusted based on vote of the Council).
h) Council discussion and action:
1) Questions by Council to staff, Mr. Haar, Alderman Modrick, or their attorneys.
2) Council makes motion to resolve the complaint (take no action, reprimand, censure, expulsion).
3) Debate on the motion and vote.