AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Monday, March 2, 2020
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. Employee Award
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT (3-minute time limit per speaker)
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 2 – 31
Open Public Comment – Items 2 – 29 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 2 – 29
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
2. Approve Minutes for the pdf February 18, 2020 (103 KB) Regular Council meeting.
Vacations of Right-Of-Way Set for Hearing (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (March 16, 2020)
3. Elevate Rapid City – Chamber Division for a SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale malt beverage license and On-Sale Wine license for an event scheduled for April 23, 2020 at RESPEC, 3824 Jet Dr.
4. Special Olympics Dakota for a SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale malt beverage license and On-Sale Wine license for an event scheduled for April 4, 2020 at Black Hills Harley Davidson, 2820 Harley Drive
5. Rodney Hanson DBA Lucky Duck Inc., 6639 Wellington Drive for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine license with video lottery (Inactive) TRANSFER from Colonial House Inc. DBA Colonial House, 2315 Mount Rushmore Road
6. L & B Wine LLC DBA D’Vine Wine Bar for a Retail (on-off sale) Wine and Cider license and a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine license at 516 7th Street
Public Works Committee Consent Items
7. PW022520-01: Confirm the appointment of Anthony Marshall to the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board.
8. PW022520-02: Confirm the reappointments of Steve Malone and Jamie Stampe to the Building Board of Appeals.
9. PW022520-03: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a Joint Funding Agreement between U.S. Department of Interior, U.S. Geological Survey and City of Rapid City for 2020 Water Resource Investigations, CIP No. 51279. The City of Rapid City’s share of the program is $138,000.00.
10. PW022520-04: Approve Change Order #1 to Lind-Exec, Inc. for Gray Fox Ct and Fox Run Dr Storm Sewer Outfall Stabilization Project, Project #18-2444 / CIP NO. 51167 for an increase of $75,069.63.
11. PW022520-05: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Contract amendment #1 for 2019 Citywide Geotechnical, Construction Materials QA/QC Services Project No. 18-2482 / CIP No. 50637 In the Amount of $8,414.68
12. PW022520-06: Authorize staff to advertise bids for Woodlawn Dr. & Downing Street Sanitary Sewer Replacement, Project No. 15-2285 / CIP No. 50623. Estimated Cost: $1,550,000.
13. PW022520-07: Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for the Flormann Street Water Main Replacement Project, Mt Rushmore Road to Apollo Circle, Project No. 19-2512 / CIP 51235. Estimated Cost: $800,000.
14. PW022520-08: Authorize Staff to Advertise Bids for East St. Cloud Inlay Project No. 19-2531 / CIP No. 51236. Estimated Cost $135,000.00
15. PW022520-13: Approve Request from Joshua and Lindsey Wosepka for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk along Spring Brook Road, Rapid City, per City Ordinance 12.08.060.
16. PW022520-09: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign amendment 1 to an agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Engineering, Inc. for Engineering Services for Rapid City Landfill Cell #16 Final Cover, Project Number: 18 – 2448 / CIP No. 51202 in the amount of $108,859.00.
17. PW022520-10: Authorize Request to purchase 2019 M4HSD Mechanical Sweeper from Sourcewell, Contract # 122017-GEP in the amount of $250,109.00.
18. PW022520-11: Authorize extending contract awarded March 18, 2019 to Nebraska Grain and Salt Co. for Sodium Chloride for $79.79 per ton for use by the Street Department.
19. PW022520-12: Authorize staff to Seek Proposals for Professional Services for the Water Risk and Resilience Assessment; Project No. 20-2575; CIP No. 51269. Estimated Cost: $100,000
Legal & Finance Committee Consent Items
20. Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Worker’s Compensation Purposes: Shannon Truax (RSVP+), Gary Holst (RSVP+)
21. LF022620-01 – Authorize Staff to Apply for and Accept if Awarded the Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness (HMEP) Grant for the Amount of $27,000.00
22. LF022620-02 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Engagement Letter with Addendum with Ketel Thorstenson, LLP for the FY2019 Audit
23. LF022620-03 – Approve Updated Travel and Training Regulations
24. LF022620-04 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Estoppel Certificate, Consent and Agreement in Regards to Cortez, LLC Lease for Upper Level of the Parking Ramp
25. LF022620-05 – Acknowledge January 2020 General Fund Cash Balance Report
26. LF022620-06 – Approve Request for Property Tax Abatement as Follows: Scott Young, 2019, $1,220.86; Diocese of Rapid City (Tax ID 37480), 2019, $2,241.22; Diocese of Rapid City (Tax ID 37481), 2019, $1,494.58; Diocese of Rapid City (Tax ID 34877), 2019, $1,494.58; Diocese of Rapid City (Tax ID 37482), 2019, $1,783.94 [Combined Total for all Rapid City: $8,235.18] Added Items as of 02/24/20: Approve Request for Property Tax Abatement as Follows: City of Rapid City (Tax ID 35001), 2019, $563.22; City of Rapid City (Tax ID 34997), 2019, $753.54 [Combined total of two added items for City of Rapid City: $1,316.76] [Combined Grand Total is $9,551.94]
CIP Committee Consent Items
27. pdf CIP022120-00 (69 KB) – Acknowledge Capital Improvement Programs Committee Monthly Updates for February 2020.
28. pdf CIP022120-01 (85 KB) – Approve CIP carry forward from 2019
Community Development Consent Items
29. 20TP010 – Approve the 2020 Unified Planning Work Program Amendment #20-01
Bid Award Consent Items (NONE)
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 30 – 31
Open Public Comment – Items 30 – 31 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
Public Works Committee Items (NONE)
Legal & Finance Committee Items (NONE)
CIP Committee Items (NONE)
Community Development Items
30. No. 20PL002 - A request by Caekaert Construction for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Lots 5A and 5B of Block 1 of Gemstone Subdivision, generally described as being located at 318 and 320 Topaz Lane.
Recommendation: Approve with stipulations
31. No. 20PL007 - A request by Davis Engineering, Inc. for Pink Cabin, LLC for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Lots 32 thru 48 of Block 11, Lots 2 thru 11 of Block 13, Lots 1 thru 5 of Block 14 and Detention Cell Lot in Murphy Ranch Estates Subdivision, generally described as being located at the southern terminus of Knuckleduster Road and Black Powder Road.
Recommendation: Approve with stipulations
Other Board, Commission & Committee Items (NONE)
Bid Awards (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications (NONE)
Mayor’s Items (NONE)
Council Items & Liaison Reports (NONE)
Motion for Delivery of Items from Committee
Staff Items (NONE)
Planning Commission Appeals
Sign Code Appeals
Other Appeals Heard by the Council
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 32 – 35
Open Public Hearing (comment) - Items 32 - 35 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
[Public Hearing Remains Open]
Close Public Hearing (comment) - Items 32 – 35
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 32 – 34
Remove Items from the “Consent Public Hearing Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Development Items (NONE)
Alcohol Licenses – Items 32-34
32. Rapid City Elks Golf and Event Center Inc. DBA Rapid City Elks Golf and Event Center Inc., 3333 E. 39th Street for a Retail (on-sale) Liquor License TRANSFER from Rapid City Elks Club DBA Elks Lodge #1187, 3333 E 39th Street
33. Elizabeth Frederick DBA Joe’s Place Bar & Grill, 4302 Pendleton Drive for a Retail (on-sale) Liquor License (Inactive) TRANSFER from Dakota Wingmen LLC DBA Native New Yorker Grill & Wings, 1756 Eglin Street
34. Main Street Market Inc. DBA Main Street Market, 333 Omaha Street Suite 2, for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine license and a Retail (on-off sale) Wine and Cider license
Assessment Rolls (NONE)
Other Items Requiring Public Hearings (NONE)
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Item 35
35. No. 20VR001 – Approve Resolution 2020-003, A request by Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers, Inc. for Keiz Larson for a Vacation of a Section Line Highway Right-of-Way for property generally described as being located at the intersection of Heidiway Court and Heidiway Lane.
36. No. CC030220-01 – Bill List for March 2, 2020