AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Monday, January 6, 2020
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. Employee Awards
2. Sustainability Committee Award – Et-i-quette Catering Co.
3. South Dakota School of Mines – President Rankin
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT (3-minute time limit per speaker)
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 4 – 37
Open Public Comment – Items 4 – 35 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 4 – 35
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Vacations of Right-Of-Way Set for Hearing (February 3, 2020)
6. No. 19VR005 - A request by Ted Edwards for Menard, Inc. for a Vacation of Right-of Way for property generally described as being located northeast of the intersection of Camden Boulevard and East North Street.
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (January 21, 2019)
7. Sodaco Inc. DBA Comfort Suites, 1333 N. Elk Vale Rd for a Retail (on-sale) Liquor License TRANSFER from Heinsel Investments LLC DBA Comfort Suites, 1333 N Elk Vale Rd
Public Works Committee Consent Items
8. PW123119-01: Confirm the reappointments of Joe Jarding, Kristofer James and Doug Wilson to the Rapid City Trenching Board.
9. PW123119-02: Confirm the reappointment of Karen Gundersen Olson to the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
10. PW123119-03: Approve Change Order 1 F to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for 2019 Street Patching Project, Project #19-2469/CIP 50844 for a decrease of $8,224.84.
11. PW123119-04: Approve Change Order 1F to J.V. Bailey Co., Inc. for Joint Sealing Panel Repair Replacement Cambell Street, Project #18-2472 /CIP 50445 for a decrease of $9,108.60.
12. PW123119-05: Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amendment No. 3 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and KTM Design Solutions, Inc. for Professional Engineering Services for Jolly Lane to Reservoir Road Trunk Sewer Extension, Project No. 14-2121 / CIP 51005 in the amount of $128,608.00.
13. PW123119-06: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amendment 1 with Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for 38th Street Reconstruction Clifton Street to Range Road, Project No. 15-2232/CIP 51716.1 & 50716.2 in the amount of $18,500.00.
14. PW123119-07: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Amendment 1 with FMG Engineering, Inc. for Disk and Haines Avenue Intersection project, Project No. 16-2347/CIP 51121 in the amount of $49,000.00.
15. PW123119-08: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid and Skyline Engineering, LLC for Construction Administration for the Downtown Lighting, Project No. 19-2500 / CIP No. 51228, in the amount of $47,230.00
16. PW123119-09: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign a contract amendment with Chamberlin Architects for Project No. 2527 / CIP No. 51249 Star of the West Restrooms.
17. PW123119-10: Authorize Mayor and Finance Office to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Bartlett & West for Professional Services for Water Booster Pump Station Design Criteria Update, Project No.19-2550/CIP No. 51234, in the amount of $54,900.
18. PW123119-11: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid City and HDR Engineering, Inc. for E Main Street N Bridge Emergency Repair, Project No. 19-2560 / CIP No. 51247 In the amount of $13,296.00.
19. PW123119-12: Request from Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers, Inc. for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 along Heidiway Lane for the property located west of the intersection of Heidiway Lane/Heidiway Court (Proposed Lot 5, Block 3 of Dunham Estates).
20. PW123119-14: Authorize purchase of a new Komptech Topturn X63 Compost Pile Turner from Source Well for a total of $575,520.00. This cost will be reimbursed 50% through SDDENR grant 2020-SW-200.
21. PW123119-13: Authorize staff to Seek Proposals for Professional Services for the Solid Waste Master Plan; Project No. 19-2561; CIP No. 51229
Legal & Finance Committee Consent Items
22. LF123119-01 – Confirm the Reappointment of Dr. Judy Sneller and Faye Bice to the Rapid City Library Board of Trustees
23. LF123119-03 – Confirm the Appointments of Tim Johnson and Charity Doyle to the Civic Center Board of Directors
24. LF123119-04 – Confirm the Reappointment of Megan Reder-Schopp and the Appointment of Stacie Granum to the MARC Board, Also Known As the Journey Museum Board of Directors
25. Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Worker’s Compensation Purposes: Jessica Armstrong (Police Department), Tanner Bray (Police Department), David Gross (Police Department), Sonya Parker (Police Department), Lisa Wattenhofer (Police Department)
26. LF123119-02 – Acknowledge the November 2019 General Fund Cash Balance Report
27. LF123119-06 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement with Risk Administration Services, Inc. to Administer the City’s Workers’ Compensation Program
28. LF123119-07 – Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a Settlement Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Yasmeen Dream, L.L.C.
CIP Committee Consent Items
29. pdf No. CIP122019-00 (69 KB) – Acknowledge Capital Improvement Programs Committee Monthly Updates for December 2019.
30. No. CIP122019-03 – Approve Capital Plans for Government Facilities – (Fire & Emergency Services, Parks & Recreation, CSAC, Summary)
31. pdf No. CIP122019-04 (175 KB) – Approve Capital Plan for Fire Vehicles
32. pdf No. CIP122019-05 (191 KB) – Approve Capital Plan for Parks & Recreation
33. pdf No. CIP122019-06 (185 KB) – Approve Capital Plan for Information Technology
34. No. CIP122019-01 – Acknowledge Financial Report (Summary, DCA Charges and Debt Service)
35. pdf No. CIP122019-02 (186 KB) – Approve Capital Plan for PW Infrastructure
Community Development Consent Items (NONE)
Bid Award Consent Items (NONE)
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 36 – 37
Open Public Comment – Items 36 – 37 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
36. LF121119-14 – Second Reading, Ordinance No. 6370, an Ordinance to Revise the Composition of the Downtown Business Improvement District Board by Amending Section 3.25.060 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
Public Works Committee Items
37. PW123119-15: Approve Resolution No. 2019-097 entitled A Resolution Altering the Rapid City Parks and Recreation Department Priority Use Policy
Recommendation: Send to Council Without Recommendation
Legal & Finance Committee Items (NONE)
CIP Committee Items (NONE)
Community Development Items (NONE)
Other Board, Commission & Committee Items (NONE)
Bid Awards (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications (NONE)
Mayor’s Items (NONE)
Council Items & Liaison Reports (NONE)
Motion for Delivery of Items from Committee
Staff Items (NONE)
Planning Commission Appeals
Sign Code Appeals
Other Appeals Heard by the Council
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 38 – 39
Open Public Hearing (comment) - Items 38 – 39 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
[Public Hearing Remains Open]
Close Public Hearing (comment) - Items 38 – 39
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Item 38 – 39
Remove Items from the “Consent Public Hearing Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Development Items (NONE)
38. Bar K-9 LLC DBA Bar K-9, 2400 N Maple Ave for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine License
39. 5 Tanks Corp DBA Pour 54 Tap House, 615 Main Street for a Retail (on-off sale) Wine and Cider License and Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine License
Assessment Rolls (NONE)
Other Items Requiring Public Hearings (NONE)
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – (NONE)
40. pdf No. CC010620-01 (11 KB) – Bill List for January 6, 2020