AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Monday, August 17, 2020
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
1. pdf No. CC081720-04.1 (1.40 MB) – Confirm Appointment of Jason Culberson as Director of the Fire Department and Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign employment contract.
2. Swearing in of Jason Culberson as Director of the Rapid City Fire Department
3. pdf No. CC081720-04.2 (1.40 MB) – Confirm Appointment of Don Hedrick as Director of the Rapid City Police Department and Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign employment contract.
4. Swearing in of Don Hedrick as Director of the Rapid City Police Department
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT (3-minute time limit per speaker)
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
pdf Public Comment Submitted Online
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 5 – 25
Open Public Comment – Items 5 – 23 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 5 – 23
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
5. Approve Minutes for the pdf August 3, 2020 (407 KB) Regular Council meeting.
Vacations of Right-Of-Way Set for Hearing (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (NONE)
Public Works Committee Consent Items
6. PW081120-10: Confirm the reappointment of Jim Anderson and the new appointment of Sheila Hoyer to the Air Quality Board.
7. PW081120-01: Approve Change Order #1-F to Black Hills Roofing for Project No. 20-2492 / CIP No. 50098 2019 Roof Replacement – Hail Damage for an increase of $6,455.60.
8. PW081120-02: Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Robbinsdale Phase 6 Parkview Reconstruction Project No. 19-2517 / CIP No. 51232-B. Estimated Cost $2,826,000.00
9. PW081120-03: Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Tower Road Stabilization Project, Project No. 19-2537/ CIP No. 51254 in the amount of $400,000.00
10. PW081120-04: Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for City Springs Lane Overlay Project / Project No. 19-2552 / CIP No. 50549. Estimated Cost $130,000.00
11. PW081120-05: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign a contract amendment number 3 with Chamberlin Architects for Project No. 2527 / CIP No. 51249 Star of the West Restrooms.
12. PW081120-06: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Professional Services Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Ferber Engineering Company for Knollwood Drainage Basin Detention Element 303 Maintenance, Project No. 20-2601/ CIP No. 51303, for an Amount Not to Exceed $40,300.00.
13. PW081120-09: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an infill and oversize agreement between the City of Rapid City and Indian Health Services for construction of a public water main in Soo San Drive north of Canyon Lake Drive, not to exceed $10,969.30.
14. PW081120-07: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Professional Services Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Ferber Engineering Company for Cambell Street Bike Path Extension, Project No. PR20-6178, for an Amount Not to Exceed $33,110.00.
15. PW081120-08: Authorize Staff to Request Proposals for Security Services for Park Shelters, Gates, and Restrooms and Cemetery Gates and Office.
Legal & Finance Committee Consent Items
16. LF081220-02 – Amend Request Authorizing the City Hall Maintenance Division to Purchase a 2020 Dodge Ram Under State Bid in the Amount of $25,406.09
17. LF081220-03 – Confirm the Appointment of James Emmert to the Rapid City Public Library Board of Trustees
18. Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Worker’s Compensation Purposes: Girl Scout Troup #74030: Amara Usera (Parks Department), Miranda Kenney (Parks Department), Haley Kieper (Parks Department), Kyra Perkins (Parks Department), Shannon Perkins – Troop leader (Parks Department), Shiann Petro (Parks Department), Tifanie Petro – Troop Leader (Parks Department), Shirley Edwards (RSVP+), Janice Key (RSVP+), Douglas Miller (RSVP+), Michael Reade (RSVP+), Rosemary Seymour (RSVP+), Carla Dailey (RSVP+), Carson Quinn (Library)
19. LF081220-01 – Approve Resolution No. 2020-064 a Resolution Levying Assessment for Abatement of Nuisances
Community Development Consent Items
20. 17TI002 – Approve Resolution No. 2020-062 a Resolution Dissolving Tax Increment District No. 79 for Property Generally Described as Being Located in Village on Monroe
21. LF081220-04 – Approve Resolution No. 2020-065 a Resolution Declaring 627 Saint Cloud Street Surplus
Bid Award Consent Items
22. CC081720-02.1 - Approve award of total bid for 2020 MIPS, Project No.19-2559 / CIP No. 50298 opened on August 11, 2020 to the lowest responsible bidder, Tru-Form Construction, Inc. in the amount of $238,537.00.
23. CC081720-02.2 - Approve award of total bid for Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Mary Drive, Project No. 19-2545 / CIP No. 50844 opened on August 11, 2020 to the lowest responsible bidder, J&J Asphalt in the amount of $330,594.00
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 24 – 25
Open Public Comment – Items 24 – 25 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
24. 20OA005 – Second Reading of Ordinance No. 6388 Approve an Ordinance to Amend Provisions of the Rapid City Municipal Code Relating to the Storage and Parking of Certain Vehicles and Trailers
Public Works Committee Items (NONE)
Legal & Finance Committee Items
25. LF072920-08 – Request from 11 Main, LLC for No Build Easement Over City-Owned Property Adjacent to 415 St. Joseph Street, motion to sell the land at $17.00 per square foot and allow the project to move forward.
Recommendation: Approve Motion to sell 4-1 with Drew, Jones, Salamun and Armstrong voting yes. Lehmann voted no. Motion carried.
CIP Committee Items (NONE)
Community Development Items (NONE)
Other Board, Commission & Committee Items (NONE)
Bid Awards (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications (NONE)
Council Items & Liaison Reports
Motion for Delivery of Items from Committee
Staff Items (NONE)
Planning Commission Appeals
Sign Code Appeals
Other Appeals Heard by the Council
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 26 – 30
Open Public Hearing (comment) - Items 26 – 30 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
[Public Hearing Remains Open]
Close Public Hearing (comment) - Items 26 – 30
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Item 26 – 30
Remove Items from the “Consent Public Hearing Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Development Items (NONE)
26. Dolcevita LLC DBA Sabatino’s Italian Ristorante, 617 Main Street, for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine License and a Retail (on-off sale) Wine and Cider license
27. Naja Shriners for a SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale Dealer License for an event scheduled for August 22, 2020 at Naja Shrine Center, 4091 Sturgis Road
28. Clarion Inn for a SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale Dealer License for an event scheduled for August 22, 2020 at Clarion Inn, 1902 N LaCrosse Street
29. Adelaide Inc. DBA Juniper, 405 Canal Street Suite 1300 for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine License
30. Lakota Dream Museum Inc. DBA DeCory’s Entertainment Company for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage & SD Farm Wine License
Assessment Rolls (NONE)
Other Items Requiring Public Hearings (NONE)
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – (NONE)
31. No. CC081720-01 – Bill List for August 17, 2020