AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Monday, December 2, 2019
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS (NONE)
1. South Dakota Municipal League Conference Presentation – Ritchie Nordstrom
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT (3-minute time limit per speaker)
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 2 – 33
Open Public Comment – Items 2 – 29 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS – Items 2 – 29
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
2. Approve pdf Minutes (126 KB) for the November 18, 2019 Regular Council meeting.
Vacations of Right-Of-Way Set for Hearing (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (December 16, 2019)
3. Pennington County Democratic Party for a SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale wine license for an event scheduled for February 7, 2020 at Prairie Edge, 606 Main Street
4. Elevate Rapid City – Chamber Division for a SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale wine license and On-Sale malt beverage license for an event scheduled for January 14, 2020 at Regional Health Orthopedic & Specialty Hospital, 1635 Caregiver Circle
5. American Heart Association Inc. FOR A SPECIAL EVENT On-Sale wine license and off-sale package wine license for an event scheduled for March 7, 2020 at Rushmore Plaza Civic Center, 444 N. Mt. Rushmore Road
Public Works Committee Consent Items
6. PW112619-01: Approve Change Order 1 F to Mainline Contracting, Inc. for Fire Hydrant Installation Project, Project #19-2497/CIP 50808 for an increase of $11,842.09.
7. PW112619-02: Approve Change Order 1 F to Complete Concrete, Inc. for Knollwood Drive Inlay Project, Project #18-2473/CIP 50798 for a decrease of $1,147.45.
8. PW112619-03: Authorize staff to Advertise for Bids Project No. 2494 / CIP No. 51226 Rapid City Public Library Air Handing Unit Replacement, estimated cost $294,500
9. PW112619-04: Authorize staff to Advertise for Bids Project No. 2527 / CIP No. 51249 Star of the West Restrooms – Phase 2. Estimated cost of $90,000.00.
10. PW112619-06: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Professional Services Agreement with Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for the Flormann Street Water Main Replacement Project, Mt Rushmore Road to Apollo Circle, Project No. 19-2512 / CIP 51235, in the amount of $82,620.00.
11. PW112619-07: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Resolution No. 2019-089 Construction Fee Resolution for St. Martins Drive Water Oversize - Per Acre Fee, Project No. DEV16-1299
12. PW112619-08: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Resolution No. 2019-090 Construction Fee Resolution for Harley Davidson Water Main Extension – Water Oversize - Per Acre Fee, Project No. DEV17-1340
13. PW112619-09: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Resolution No. 2019-092, A Resolution Establishing a Policy for Allowing Discharge of a Sump Pump into the City's Sanitary Sewer System as Required by the Rapid City Municipal Code Section 13.16.190.
14. PW112619-10: Approve Change Order 1 F to Veolia ES Technical Solutions, LLC. for Collection and Disposal of Household Hazardous Waste Event, Project #18-2463/CIP 51206 for a decrease of $5,599.21.
15. PW112619-11: Request Advertising Authority for One New Current Model Year Tandem Dump Truck With Plow, Wing, & Anti-Icing System. Estimated cost of $214,000.00
16. PW112619-12: Request Advertising Authority for One New Current Model Year Single Axle 4X4 Dump Truck with V-Plow, estimated cost $176,000.00
17. PW112619-13: Extend 2018 Street Light Maintenance Contract with Solar Sound Corp. through Calendar Year 2020 at 2018 unit prices for maintenance of City and SDDOT-owned street lights.
18. PW112619-14: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign agreement with Suez Water Technologies & Solutions for Membrane Module Addition for the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant, Total Cost: $370,069.00.
19. PW112619-15: Authorize Parks and Recreation Department to harvest 250 deer for the 2019/2020 season
20. PW112619-05: Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign informal agreement with Architectural Specialties LLC for Journey Museum Door Renovation Project No. 19-2551 CIP No. 51264 for an amount not to exceed $41,008.49.
21. 19TP027: Approve the reconsideration to authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to sign the Professional Services Agreement for the Sixth and Omaha Street Pedestrian and Bicycle Crossing Study and Sixth Street Promenade Corridor Master Plan with Felsburg Holt & Ullevig in an amount not to exceed $125,097.00.
22. PW112619-16: Acknowledge Informational Presentation: Water Production Division Update
Legal & Finance Committee Consent Items
23. LF112719-06 – Approve Resolution No. 2019-093, A Resolution Establishing the Rapid City Youth Council
24. LF112719-02 – Approve Rapid City Regional Airport Rates and Charges for FY2020
25. Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Worker’s Compensation Purposes: Claudia Dillon (RSVP+), Victoria Pollock (RSVP+), Ellen McKnight (RSVP+), Glenda Schut (RSVP+), Shirley Lock (RSVP+), Mary Ann Murphree (RSVP+), Bob French (RSVP+)
26. LF112719-03 – Approve Resolution No. 2019-091 to Update Petty Cash Funds and Change Funds
27. LF112719-04 – Acknowledge the October 2019 General Fund Cash Balance Report
28. LF112719-07 – Approve Resolution 2019-94 A Resolution Amending Certain Fees to be Charged in 2020 for Various Licenses, Permits and Applications
CIP Committee Consent Items (NONE)
Community Development Consent Items
29. LF112719-05 – Authorize the Community Development Department to Act as Lead Applicant for a Bloomberg Associates ‘Asphalt Art Initiative’ Grant in Partnership with Magpie Creative as the Fiscal Agent Partner for the “6th Street Promenade Public Art” Grant Proposal in an Amount not to Exceed $25,000
Bid Award Consent Items (NONE)
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 30 – 33
Open Public Comment – Items 30 – 33 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
Close Public Comment
30. PW111219-01 - Second Reading, Ordinance 6372, an Ordinance To Amend Chapter 10.48 Of The Rapid City Municipal Code Relating To Parking During Snow Removal
31. LF111319-01 – Second Reading, Ordinance No. 6371 Regarding Supplemental Appropriation #8 for 2019.
32. LF112719-01 – First Reading, Ordinance No. 6373, An Ordinance Amending Sections of the Rapid City Municipal Code Relating to City Cemeteries
Public Works Committee Items (NONE)
Legal & Finance Committee Items (NONE)
CIP Committee Items (NONE)
Community Development Items (NONE)
Bid Awards (NONE)
Mayor’s Items (NONE)
Council Items & Liaison Reports (NONE)
Staff Items (NONE)
Planning Commission Appeals
Sign Code Appeals
Other Appeals Heard by the Council
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 34 – 37
Open Public Hearing (comment) - Items 34 – 37 (3-minute time limit per speaker)
[Public Hearing Remains Open]
Close Public Hearing (comment) - Items 34 – 37
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 34 – 35
Remove Items from the “Consent Public Hearing Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Development Items (NONE)
34. Wobbly Bobby British Pub LLC DBA Wobbly Bobby British Pub, 510 Main Street, for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage and SD Farm Wine license
35. Dakota Point Brewing LLC, 405 Canal St Ste. 1200, DBA Dakota Point Brewing, 405 Canal St Ste. 1200, for a Retail (on-off sale) Wine and Cider license renewal
Assessment Rolls (NONE)
Other Items Requiring Public Hearings (NONE)
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – Items 36 – 37
36. No. 19RZ038 - Second Reading, Ordinance 6368, an Ordinance Amending Section 17.06 of Chapter 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code, a request by Renner Associates, LLC for Lilac Flowers LLC for a Rezoning request from General Agricultural District to Light Industrial District for property generally described as being located southwest of the intersection of North Plaza Boulevard and Wesleyan Boulevard.
37. 19OA007 – Second Reading, Ordinance No. 6363, a request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for an Ordinance Amendment to Allow for Accessory Dwelling Units in Residential Districts by Amending Title 17 of the Rapid City Municipal.
EXECUTIVE SESSION - To consult with legal counsel regarding proposed or pending litigation pursuant to SDCL 1-25-2(3).
38. No. CC120219-01 – Bill List for December 2, 2019